Discussion of Dec 2021 Update

I agree, but the procedure is you pay to have it fixed, you send them bill, they re-emberse you Up to the original cost of the item.

so (shrug) I dunno

Glowforge’s seems easier, that’s all done for you. we will see. - -It is exciting no matter what

The link I was provided says it’s $899 a year, $1199 for 3 years. That is the discounted price.

1 Like

did you apply the discount code? (that was mentioned)?

Jonathan

There’s no discount code. It’s a link to a discounted 3 year price.

yeah it states in the announcement

That’s totally 600 for 3 years. So I don’t believe your numbers are the discounted price.

This month, we’re able to extend your warranty to 2025 for more than half off.

(That’s as little as 55 cents a day, to not worry about your Glowforge for more than three years.) We convinced Extend, our warranty provider, to make three year protection incredibly affordable this month so that everyone eligible could take advantage of it. In December, three year protection is less than half the cost per day of the regular, one-year pricing.

I guess that .15 was a typo :frowning:

using DAN’s numbers it should be $600 for three years!!!

Jonathan

1 Like

Even so, it’s a hell of a lot cheaper than 1200 for 3 years with the price stated.

1 Like

Here you go. It’s extremely possible that I’m missing something, but there’s no discount code, just a link with the two options shown. If anyone else got the email and was able to reduce the price, please let me know. By my math, 3 individual years would cost $2697 total, which makes the $1199 price less than 50%, as advertised.

and yeah at those prices it’s not really worth it. They’ve shown many many times in the past that they are willing to sell someone a refurb outside of warranty for a pretty steep discount. Seem to remember it being close to that 1200 dollar price. So at those prices it’s probably better to just set aside the money in an interest bearing account and if you need to use it, great… if not… you aren’t out any money.

2 Likes

The announcement says “as little as 55 cents a day”. I assume that’s for the base model, and I bought a Pro. So, it’s probably right.

3 Likes

well that IS a possibility I guess. Seems like Dan would have mentioned that… but clarity isn’t exactly GF’s strong suit most of the time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just in case you didn’t see my reply further down the chat, here’s the screenshot of the link they sent out. I assume the “as low as 55 cent” price Dan referred to was the base model Glowforge. I bought a Pro, I assume that’s why the price is higher

2 Likes

Someone else said their email said 800 for a plus model so I think you are likely correct. I’d still just set the money aside at 1200 dollars. That’s a lot of money for a “what if” and nothing happens to it.

1 Like

I have a Plus and the 3 year plan is $799. A tube alone is $500 sooo ???

As for the $500 tube replacement, it’s only that cheap because Glowforge is still honoring a cost they publicly quoted many years ago, like before the first units shipped IIRC. I don’t think $500 even covers the cost of shipping a Glowforge both ways any more. So $799 for 3 more years of warranty coverage sounds like a good enough deal to me – I would probably have added it if it were offered to me when I first bought the Glowforge.

3 Likes

Hello, so I bought the protection today at 3:03 pm and at 3:06 pm received an email stating that " Your order has been canceled. While processing order G2055949406, our automated systems identified the transaction as fraudulent. We recognize this sometimes happens in error, and apologize for the inconvenience. The order has been cancelled and your payment has been refunded. Please try again with another method of payment".

I know for a fact is not because the credit limit as that credit card has a pretty good credit limit and it is paid off so I don’t have any balance due. The only thing I can think of is that the card is in my husband’s name; we have same last name and same residential address.

Additionally, I went back to the email sent by GF with the code to try to purchase the protection again with a different card in my name but it now states that I have already purchased it therefore I can not buy the protection!!! Please help.

2 Likes

You will want to conduct this business with Glowforge through email, not in this public forum in my opinion.

1 Like

I wanted to post here in the event this happens to someone else.

2 Likes

Does the warranty cover shipping the GF back to and from factory?

1 Like

Also, does it cover business usage?
These are kind of very important questions that need to be answered before I can even think about getting it…

1 Like