Discussion of (early!) July update

Very welcome developments.

Is there a discontinuity between 99 and Full Power? I.e. why is it not simply 1-100?

1 Like

Yes, replacement tubes must be calibrated at the factory as well.

7 Likes

I understand they have governed power so you can’t overdrive the tube.

1 Like

Makes that shipping included both ways for US customers look a lot more attractive.

4 Likes

Kidding, kidding. I’ll live, and am still extremely grateful for the opportunity that I’ve had
to play with the PRU. It has been a wonderful experience, and now I’m even more excited about my eventual production model!

Makes sense.

13 Likes

The power supply operates differently between precision mode and full power mode, so you’ll see a big change between 99 and 100 (which is why I shared the UI sneak peek - the current UI is obsolete and will be confusing). I’m not going to share more details because it took our physicists a long time to make this work and I don’t want to deprive scientists working elsewhere of the joy of discovery. :wink:

47 Likes

You have such an eloquent way to describe IP protection, best laugh of the day.

34 Likes

Such a great update! :grin:

5 Likes

Great news! So glad for you and the engineering team. Thanks for all the hard work. This is a big milestone for everyone. The draft board will be very helpful for people.

Looking forward to see what the production units can do with these upgrades.

8 Likes

@dan, Full Power mode *REALLY needs to be relabeled to “11”

I expect all our friends here will get that reference. :smiley:

Edit: OK I couldnt even let my comment go by without looking up the clip and making myself laugh…

38 Likes

So if you do a greyscale engrave is 0-255 in the image mapped to to 0-99 and maximum power not available?

Believe me, we discussed it. :slight_smile:

39 Likes

This all sounds great! Thanks for the update, @dan!

3 Likes

If you do a greyscale engraving, we do completely different things that I haven’t written about.

14 Likes

So the June update said you were going to start shipping pro units by June 30th. The (early) July update says you are going to start production on the 30th. Which is it?

I’m stoked about the rest of the update, just looking for clarification on that one point.

6 Likes

Squeeee! :rofl:

10 Likes

Or ludicrous power.

22 Likes

OMG! OMG! OMG! That is so awesome! I can’t wait to get my hands on it!

5 Likes

Last year you said that you were 45 now you say you’re 46, which is it? :wink:
I think it remains 30 June

5 Likes

So where does that leave me and everybody else who has already gotten their unit?

1 Like