Discussion of (early!) July update

Oh, and small correction to the new manual: laserbits does not exist anymore, it is now Johnson Plastics.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’d already PM’d Dan about that a couple weeks ago. Guess they haven’t gotten around to that one yet what with all the shipping and shipping and responding to my support questions and shipping. :wink:

1 Like

Hadn’t seen a manual since the PRU shipped, so didn’t know what had been addressed.

1 Like

Exciting news @dan!
Love the new settings, mainly the low, and the draft board!!
Thanks!

1 Like

Suggestion: There should be a software rev and/or date in the GFUI so if something’s changed and we haven’t been on the board, we’ll know to go look to see what’s been updated.

14 Likes

+1 on this! I’m OOL, but want to give this suggestion a hearty :thumbsup: and :clap:

1 Like

Crud! There go the tutorials. :confounded:

(Ah well…they can be updated as time/need permits. Always knew it was a possibility.)

7 Likes

When I say “we start shipping”, that means we trigger a shipping process where we send email, request address, produce the unit, transfer it to logistics, and a whole other chain of actions in both parallel and sequence. So both are correct… but it’s much more likely we’ll be a week early or late than we will be on the 30th exactly, since there are a lot of moving pieces, and we’ll start Pro as soon as they’re all ready.

22 Likes

With Precision Power and Full Power tomorrow morning. :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Great update, @dan! So glad to see the low (and high!) power settings make it to production. And I can’t wait to check out the Proofboard! I’ve been hoarding cardboard from my Ikea kitchen redo (meaning, my wife is asking when we might have that corner of the basement back) but there are some things that just can’t be prototyped in cardboard.

3 Likes

Dammit! I can’t take off of work tomorrow! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

If it’s a safety-critical change, yes. Otherwise, TBD how we share latest/changes.

3 Likes

That too!

Would love to have the GFUI point me at the latest improvements list whenever new things roll out, including manual updates. Maybe one for the hopper?

6 Likes

That’s what the new Latest Improvements is for… You can read any time to see what’s new.

Definitely - in the hopper! (cc @tony)

7 Likes

This is such a great update! I am excited about the draft board, but mostly about the super low setting for paper! Does the air assist turn off for paper, so it doesn’t blow away?
I am looking forward to doing some more papercraft, and this is right up my alley!

27 Likes

Exactly. I’m look forward to what you and all the creative folks can do with paper. @cynd11 and @Xabbess and @karaelena to mention a few.

6 Likes

Not yet - that’s in the feature hopper.

13 Likes

Who is staying up late/getting up early to catch Santa Claus?

11 Likes

The super low setting gives hope for using it to at least semi draw on leather so it can be tooled after and not suffer from the deteriorating char that others have seen before. Plus, we can make foldable masks and pepekura, can’t wait

13 Likes