Discussion of (early!) July update

Hooray! We’ve officially made it over the hump! Every update has just been fantastic!
@dan on the manual and the new feature update page, is there a way you could have em do that whole subscribe for updates thing? If that’s just a weird mac only notification thing, never mind. I really don’t know how that works, but it’s nice when it does.

2 Likes

Whoa Nelly!!! :grin:

What a difference a half a day makes! I just engraved a sheet of copy paper!!! (This morning lighter settings cut all the way through it…freaking fantastic! Going to give a much broader range on the 3D engraving as well…)

Superb job @Tony and crew!

Absolutely superb!

:squeeee:

Okay something weird is happening with CTRL+V on @discourse …it’s putting each item on a new line.

22 Likes

I think @rita is preparing an email for you…

4 Likes

We aren’t announcing any plans around how spare tubes work now, but that’s a reasonable approach.

4 Likes

That’s the lazy indicator so we know if a person is really squee squee squeeing or just kinda squeeing. The squee squee squeers put the effort into typing or clicking each squee emoticon. Unfortunately, you’ve failed this test.

:sunglasses: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

Caught! :rofl:

5 Likes

Sorry, that wasn’t clear. The tube is separate from the glowforge when it’s calibrated in that step.

20 Likes

That’s actually great news, as that would allow for Tom’s comment on calibration the tube itself and separate from the glowforge.

Seeing the amount of variable power range you are achieving is quite amazing!

4 Likes

Yes… I think there’s some miscommunication here… I don’t want to have to check that page every single day to see if there’s something new. I want to see that there’s a new rev/date in my GFUI which will very likely have the effect of making me want to look at the page to see what’s changed. Hope that makes sense.

4 Likes

I can live with these answers. Thanks!

5 Likes

@dan You might want to sticky the July update – it’s falling down the page pretty quickly.

Edit: Never mind. I was looking at Latest. Carry on.

1 Like

And here I thought I was going to bed early tonight

23 Likes

Cutting and engraving plain paper? Just extraordinary. I am blown away by this update!!! Thank you to everyone at Glowforge for working so hard to give us something beyond amazing!

5 Likes

Ah, a way to know if there are changes without polling for them - got it. In the hopper.

Re: tube replacement, I’m not being coy but I can’t ask the team to drop what they’re doing and commit to a final design right now, so hopefully that gets you in the ballpark.

4 Likes

That’d be great.

No no. I get that you haven’t worked out the finer points of tube replacement. The fear is that we’d absolutely have to send our units in to get the tubes replaced because they wouldn’t be calibrated properly otherwise.

6 Likes

So did @Rita:slight_smile: but she recently emailed me on a support issue so I know she’s up. (Poor gal) LOL

4 Likes

@dan, Thank you for the rough-order-of-magnitude estimate of:

“We continue to ramp up our production line and are steadily making our way through the orders of Basic units placed on the first day of the campaign.”

I am a Day 2 Basic Preorder™, so I can stop checking my email every 5 minutes…I can hopefully push it out to every 10-15 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks for the great update!

13 Likes

One of the first things I will need to make once the GF arrives is a replacement F5 key for my keyboard

14 Likes

So are you saying cuts on regular thick materials all have to run at full power now? I.e. the previous range of power control has gone and a new lower range added that doesn’t go up that far?

Wow! Precision Power, super stoked about this! @dan you guys are killing it, keep up the amazing work. Can’t wait to have my GF churning out hit after lasered hit. In fact I was just working on my custom GF cart today outside in the steamy 95 degree weather here in Maine.

4 Likes