Discussion of Five Million and Six New Things About Your Referrals

This is the thread for discussion of the latest announcement:

9 Likes

Yeah Dan!
:partying_face:

I honestly still have yet to have anyone use my referral code, but even knowing that this is very cool news!

4 Likes

Dang, @dan you should have bought the island so you could host an annual Glowforge owner’s convention there.

8 Likes

I have never given anyone my referral code so I am right there with you. I still find value in owning a Glowforge and I am astounded that $5 million has been handed out.

6 Likes

I hope someone uses my link this month. I love Proofgrade materials but can’t afford to use them at full price.

1 Like

Thank you @Dan for funding the referral program, it has been a nice surprise for me every once in a while! Although the Plus and Pro are lovely machines, I suggest to most people to go with the Basic, as it has served me well for many years, so it is nice to have it back in the referral program.

2 Likes

Congrats @dan and the team. Great job on hitting this milestone!

I actually got one referral— from a random person that I didn’t know. It was thrilling! All my friends are not interested in lasers—I wish they were. So glad to hear that Basic referrals are back, and the coupon deal is awesome!

4 Likes

My friends don’t need a laser because they can just have me make stuff. :slight_smile: kind of like “friend with pick-up truck”.

6 Likes

When can we expect the 40% off coupon for the materials once the customer purchases the machine? Will they get the coupon right away as well?

Hi there! Justine from the Glowforge team here.

You’ll receive your coupon code(s) via email within 7 days after the promotion ends on September 6th. The new customer will get theirs right around the same time.

We’ve never done this before and we’ll be doing it all manually, which is why we will send them out after the promo period ends :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This. And, any who might be can’t afford one…even with the discount.

2 Likes

I got my Glowforge yesterday (a full four days earlier than expected!!). Will I be getting a coupon code or was I too early?

1 Like

The referral has to take place between August 6th and September 6th to qualify, per the referral program terms. If you got your Glowforge on August 6th, you purchased it outside that window.

Okay. Just checking.

A girl can dream.

1 Like

" Basic is back in the referral program!"

Just my luck. My daughter bought a basic about a month ago. I offered to give her my referral until I checked and realized it was no good for purchase of a basic.
That sucks!

1 Like

I hope someone uses my code someday, but I honestly don’t know ANY people who can afford a glowforge. I am not sure how I managed.

3 Likes

Great news @dan

I could refer lots who see my Glowforge, but Australia can’t get them anymore.

We still have a big issue in Australia in not being able to access the online store (you won’t ship to us). I still cant use the credits given to me for the delay in the original crowd funding run. All the “compensation” for the delays and heart ache is out of my reach. I asked a while back on whether it could be used up on the monthly subscription fee but no reply.

Is there a way we can use up these credits please.

Karim

2 Likes

Any response @dan?
Or anyone at Support?

I keep asking about this but never getting an answer. Be good to have a response

Karim