Discussion of June '17 update

I just created a Facebook group called Glowforge - Triangle, NC.

Feel free to request to join if you’d like to meet others in the area who are on pins and needles awaiting their Glowforges :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hmmm, it’s not coming up in my search. Is it a public group? Or need an invite to join?

Me too (CT).

2 Likes

My problem is I’m interested in almost everything and then the squirrel chaser in me takes over :grinning:

Did finally get the first page of my Codex Silenda cut out though. And my wife pointed out last night I promised to cut out a footstool top with a custom engrave so that’ll be tonight’s project.

5 Likes

Didn’t happen if there are no pictures :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

A little far for @henryhbk and me but try making a separate thread so people who haven’t waded through all of the messages might have a better chance of seeing it? I don’t recall anyone from NC piping up they had a PRU or prod but I don’t know where most folks live - just the local ones :grinning:

1 Like

You’re a good man Mark.

Extra Likes for you today :grinning::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Jules, I am super grateful for all the work you’ve been doing for the community - the tutorials and videos and everything else are amazing. I know I’ll have a leg up when my unit arrives because there are already so many resources available.

Perhaps I am the only one who is happy to wait for the best possible product, I am waiting eagerly, just like the rest of us, but it’s ok with me. I have worked in software for around a hundred years and I know it’s at least 10000x more complex with hardware added in. Just imagining dealing with suppliers alone makes me woozy.

I have a lot of trust in the :glowforge: team to be responsive to what they learn in early production and I know they will deliver an amazing product.

7 Likes

Well depending on what you want to make. If it’s keychains, well heck UPS can send a lot of them easily. If it is desk chairs, well you need someone close…

Nooooo …never again. :wink:

Thanks @lorna, but I absolutely cannot take credit for that…all I did was coordinate efforts. :wink: There was a brilliant team of volunteers that donated their time to put those together and decide what we needed.

They deserve the credit.

4 Likes

:innocent: :smiling_imp: :innocent: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Great part is people think I’m kidding! ROFLMAO! :laughing:

1 Like

No we don’t. We’re trying to figure out where the Internet hid them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Film photos shot by a professional photographer…they don’t exist on the internet.
(And by today’s standards, not very risque’.)

1 Like

I saw this while at the West Side Market in Cleveland this morning (no, the truth → I wrote this on the wall myself) … can you see what I wrote?

Lonesome in Erie, PA without MacGlowforge :sunglasses:

19 Likes

Yes, well, all of you wonderful people who are helping. Thank you all…

3 Likes

I lived in NC for a few years before returning to MI full time. It is always fun to see people and talk to people from NC.

Probably others will think of it as some sort of erotic high.

Yes, I did most of my stupid stuff before digital photography, and I was always better behind the camera than in front of it. That said, it is sometimes surprising what film images appear online, unless you are the sole holder for all prints and negatives.

1 Like

5 Likes