Discussion of March 2019 Update

Some of us resemble that :wink:

2 Likes

Congratulations to all at GF. I hope you get many more years and develop many more toys to explore with :slight_smile:

Hey. Longer print times. I ran a 5 hour print last week and didn’t realize there was a time limit. Not that I have complicated prints, ever :no_mouth:. Congrats on the anniversary, i was just thinking about how long it’s been since we first heard about the GF.

5 Likes

Loving the pause button, even if it’s not pause-adjust-and-resume. I just like being able to hit the big glowing button when something goes wonky, instead of fumbling for the mouse or the power switch! Usually at that point I’m looking for a graceful way to cancel the job, which interrupting power is not. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Grats on the five years, everybody!

1 Like

OUCH! :slight_smile:

Yes, it does.

You all are amazing, and we love when we can make stuff better for you!

That’s our expectation based on testing - we’ll see how things look in production, and if we can adjust our specs to match, based on data from the field.

Totally forgot about those! I never had one but wanted one.

Us too. We love doing this.

Right - not any more it’s not! :slight_smile:

Got the feedback on that into the hopper!

6 Likes

BTW re: pause, my son and a school friend were printing coasters for a school project (pic) when his friend’s dad came to pick him up. He was torn on what to do because he knows you never leave a Glowforge printing unattended. Pause to the rescue!

9 Likes

Congratulations on the anniversary! Remarkable journey that I have been privileged to share. From all of us - Thanks team for this marvelous tool… :+1:

4 Likes

Wow, how long did that take to prepare, would you say?I wish I would have timed the amount of time it takes to prepare some of my prints. I haven’t noticed faster times, but I’m willing to bet it’s there, just nearly unnoticeable when it already took over a minute to prepare in the first place. Some of my stuff takes at least 5 minutes to prepare, and those prints take 1.5 hours, but there are a lot of tiny engraves so it makes sense :sweat_smile:

I was one of those that had some long wait times (over 4 weeks) for shipped PG materials to arrive, and anticipated this to happen again with a large order I placed the other day, but it says it will be here this Friday which is faster than I’ve ever seen, so can’t complain about that! Awesome to see updates - big or small, I’ll take them. :+1:t4:

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see what the next five years brings!

7 Likes

Wish I had tracked that too but didn’t. I think less than 30 minutes. Was working on another thing so wasn’t really paying attention. :smirk:

1 Like

11 Likes

Ooo…nice, cynd11…it sure speaks to your skills. But, what?..no bling, no glitter?

3 Likes

Happy 5th Glowforge! Keep making awesome sauce!

4 Likes

Congratulations all at Glowforge! :champagne::star2::confetti_ball::ribbon::sparkling_heart::boom::champagne:
Overwhelmingly the best thing I did last summer was to get a glowforge. I love what I can create with it; I love the smile on people’s faces when I bring them something I made; I read, learn, and contribute to the community forum most days. And if there is ever a day I can’t use my glowforge, I feel all out of sorts. I’m happy to have a machine that always works, and is only slightly off the perfect mark. I learn new things with every project and I know there are many more things to come on the horizon. Great job :glowforge: staff!

6 Likes

I guess Discourse must have eaten her glitter.

But I’ve re-blinged it for your enjoyment:

6 Likes

my cousin had a big trak

For those of you who are wondering…

THAT’s a Big Trak. And I never had one either… :frowning:

5 Likes

I had one. Mine was gray and I had a trailer too. It was the coolest thing ever for a kid.

2 Likes

I don’t want to like your post just for that.

Although I had every Lego set known to man, so I can’t really complain.

4 Likes

See, for some strange reason I never owned a Lego when I was a kid (I do now) but the neighbor kids did so I was able to play with theirs.