Discussion of October 2017 update

Also, what does it mean when my account page has estimated shipping date for the air filter, but my basic unit is not mentioned?

From reading the comments, I think I like my chances here better for now. The 3D Scanner has the potential to be awesome. Keep us informed about it because it’s a great complement to the :glowforge:.

I seem to pick the problem children. I just got an email about the Ring alarm system. The order went to prep last week. Today it is canceled. It seems ADT is blocking them in court.

To their credit they have done a full refund, offered a $50 credit for other products, and $100 off a reorder when they resolve the issues with ADT. The Ring Protect was only $199 so a full refund and $150 in credits creates some good will.

Assuming you haven’t already gotten the “would you like your GF” email, then I’m not certain but I think it’s the model trying to figure out what your date is but having some issue in resolving a date. It’s happened to me a couple of times since they started. It’s usually blank for a week for me then shows a date. The first time when it came back the date had lost 2 weeks. It did it again to me this week and just (tonight) showed up again with a gain of a week (so now I’m scheduled 1 week later than originally).

If it’s never shown a date then you should send Support an email.

I’m pretty sure it has been extended to the end of 2018.

Because you have received your “Golden Email” that date has dropped off your estimate page. This is normal.

Cynd11 is correct, from the June update:

i do have to say, i wish they’d extend it further, since they now have shipping email dates that go at least into may, which means delivery dates at least into june.

2 Likes

Got the notification a little after midnight that the proof grade starter package is shipping with an ETA of Tuesday. I’d gotten my “do you want your glowforge to ship now” email late on 10/25, replied on early morning 10/26, so 10 days after. Haven’t gotten tracking info for the unit itself yet. Hadn’t seen much discussion for planning to know just how long it takes, figured any of you who were in my boat (want to make a lot of christmas gifts with it) would want to be able to plan based on your estimated ship date. Incidentally, the first date that appeared on my page was 10/23, then slipped to 10/25, so the 2nd one was accurate if you just take it to mean the shipping email.

The order I placed through the proof grade store on 10/26 arrived on 10/31, so it looks that is operated separately (as no apparent delays/backlog).

I’ll post again when the actual unit gets tracking.

Anyone know definitively if the crumb tray ships with the unit or separately?

1 Like

The crumb tray ships in the same shipment of two boxes (mine were labeled 1 of 2 and 2 of 2). It’s in the smaller box with the vent hose.

1 Like

I ordered mine on 10-18-2015… Did they miss sending me the shipping confirmation email? Confirmed I haven’t received it yet, already have all GF emails whitelisted, and did an email search came up empty.

I believe 10/18 is actually day 25 according to other forum members’ backoff calculations. If I recall correctly.

2 Likes

Well as a UK Pro purchaser from 21/10 I can’t help but feel shafted that US customers have got their emails but my current projection is 4 months away, so much for shipping in order of purchase! The “getting packaging right” and “certification delays” do not justify an extra 4 months. I’m still hanging in there though :wink:
An issue for me will be the declared value as I will have to pay import duty of a minimum 20% of the total value plus shipping costs. Sterling has devalued more than 18% compared to the dollar since our plunge into Brexit madness which will mean a large increase in my import duty as I doubt sterling will recover before March next year.

2 Likes

Just a note, the package with the crumb tray & vent hose ship with the main box with the laser, but my laser decided to spend an extra night hanging out in Portland and showed up the day after the crumb tray.

1 Like

Indeed. Our shipping order is pretty straightforward right now.

Surprise surprise, it’s now dec 5th. Smh

1 Like

My estimated shipping date kept moving forward. Either they under-promised on purpose, or a lot of people decided not to wait any longer.

Check your account page anyway if haven’t for a while. You might be surprised.

1 Like

Come on day 25…

I am on the same day as you. Ping me when you get your e-mail? I will try to do the same for you

2 Likes

FYI, just to add to the stats.

I’m in the U.S., ordered a Pro on 10-13-2015. My shipping notification date for the GlowForge was originally 10-20-2017, and the date for the air filter was 4-8-2018. On 10-24 the GlowForge date pushed to 10-24-2017, and the air filter moved to 04-15-2018. I received the shipping notification the evening of 10-24-2017. I responded as soon as I received it. I got my Proofgrade materials about a week later. Still waiting on the tracking info for the actual GlowForge (which I understand can be a few weeks).

Proofgrade scheduled for Saturday, forge may be eminent…