Discussion of October 2017 update

If you really feel that way then you should probably get a refund. Since the machine’s function relies on the company’s continued commitment to keep things running,if you truly believe that they had ill intent, how could you possibly trust them not to screw you over at some future date and leave you with an expensive paper weight? If I felt the way you did, I’d run as fast as I possibly could.

5 Likes

Ummm…yeah. If that is what you believe, I’d say a refund would be the way to go. Wanting to go ahead and get your GF from a company that you feel is willfully malicious and duplicitous would seem to be in strict contradiction to your own personal beliefs - I would think that would be very emotionally upsetting to you every time you looked at or used the machine. IMHO.

5 Likes

No November Update?

coming soon to a screen near you

2 Likes

soon like international shipping starting soon? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m behind in writing it.

2 Likes

Pls say something about certifictions and international shipping.
It what be nice to know if we are able to preorder proofgrade material in advance or not. And it would be also nice to know how much international shipping is for proofgrade.
Thx :slight_smile:

5 Likes

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

The shipping times are slowly improving

1 Like

No news to share - I don’t expect any developments on international deliveries until they begin, currently scheduled for late January.

Sent the email to support 10 days ago by the way… no reply after the “we will respond in 3 days” autoreply.

1 Like

Not advocating obnoxiousness - but I’d be sending a new email every 4th day. They’re the ones who created the 3 day SLA (and I’d argue that’s not acceptable in the long term - that’s FSL type “support”). So when they miss they need to be called out by getting more dropped in their lap - once they figure out that they’re going to suffer expansion of work when they miss the date they’ll either organize someone to triage and track follow-ups or they’ll have to get hit with more & more noise that will make the job harder & more likely to get resolved then everyone letting them miss and not poking them again. Since we don’t have access to the ticketing system, that means opening a new ticket.

6 Likes

Hi Lucid,

I also sent an email to support requesting my invoice before delivery, for duty purposes when I try and cross the border with it, and while it took them 12 days to get back to me (not the promised 3 days) they did indeed get back to me and provided me with an updated invoice.

Wow…

@dan are you honestly saying that you won’t be updating international backers with progress updates re: either certifications or the availability of proofgrade materials as and when you know more?

Those answers aren’t going to land on your desk the moment before you push the button to ship internationally, so it would seem logical that between then and now you’ll know, for example, if you’ve completed a certain certification. Why wouldn’t you let the community of customers for whom this is pretty important information know at that point? Rather than make them wait until the stated deadline?

1 Like

I do not understand your incredulity. I don’t know about the materials issue, but for certifications for each country, people have the information they need already. They have the estimated date when they will be starting the fulfillment process to receive their Glowforge. In order to be able to do that, the company will have gotten the necessary certifications for that country.

As long as they meet those estimates, what does it matter if they get the CE mark (self)certified on Dec 23rd or Feb 1st? (To pull dates completely out of the air.) Or certification X for country Y on a particular day?

My incredulity stems from the fact that every delay has been announced at the point at which delivery should have commenced. The company now has a proven track record of not delivering when says it’s going to.

You seem pretty sure that company will have those certs in time, with all past evidence to the contrary and absolutely no intention to keep people appraised of the latest information. So I’m not sure why your certain.

Basically, I’m fed up of patiently waiting through a delay only to get to the day it’s supposed to ship and then having rug pulled from under me again. Forewarned, is forearmed; if the company misses it’s internal certification target for CE (let’s say that’s Jan 15th for sake of argument) then they’re plainly not going start shipping Jan 31st, and all orders from there on will be delayed. I don’t want to find that out on Jan 31st when the company knew for two weeks, that’s all I’m asking for.

2 Likes

After seeing a date a couple days before my birthday, and then a bit of lag till two weeks after my birthday, the timing is now a day after my birthday. I understand the timing is difficult but it would be incredible if it actually landed here on my birthday. :heart_eyes:

Please forward the email to me (danshapiro@glowforge.com) so @Rita and I can figure out where we fell down. That should never happen.

This has not been true with any delay after the December 2016 delay. All of the delays in 2017 have been announced before the deadlines, typically by a month or so.

I do hear your concerns. They have given dates now that they never gave before (other than in vague terms). I sincerely hope that they track well to those dates.

Historically we’ve had some confusion when people post on the wrong discussion thread, so I’m going to close this one now that November’s up.

6 Likes