Discussion of October 2017 update

Jaja just heard about this Friday night thing now. I will be sitting here at home waiting for the email with some popcorns. I feel I am getting told the exact delivery date of a child.

1 Like

My own feeling.
Those of us overseas are not going to like what the email says.

I don’t think there ill be anything exact about it. And looking at what people have said so far I don’t think it will even be credible.

Yes now @dan or an employee deleted the part in the top where it said we will ship international orders soon. That makes me not very confident. I just hope that they have enough cash to burn to keep all the people in payroll and ship all units and some people did additional preorders. I hope there will be not a case like the tiko 3D printer where I was also a backer where they did a presale in Nov and then shipped a couple o thousand but then ran out of cash to buy parts for the total 16.000. Not telling what was going on so they can still get presales and look for investments. Just made me realize that even if they are shipping a couple of units it can still mean that they fail to deliver all. I am not saying thats the case here. But please tell us an exact day of recieving. This is not a kickstarter you did with the possibility of failure but a preorder of a product. Also the window of opportunity is closing there is dremel and universal and who else are coming out with a similar machine. Next year we probably can choose between several similar machines.

2 Likes

Even those of us who do have English as a mother tongue, struggle to grasp the intent of what they say sometimes. They have singlehandedly given new meaning to the term “Shipping”

10 Likes

There was a separate post this morning from @dan that addresses international orders.

1 Like

They raised $31 million from venture capitalists for operations. The $25 million required to build our machines is held separately and released with the shipping email.

That’s true. I would expect they have that on their radar. The FSL Muse had the potential to disrupt things for GF/provide an alternative but that turned out not meet the marketing promises & expectations. Hopefully Dremel’s corporate & product management discipline will be reflected in their version of the Muse and correct the FSL flaws.

4 Likes

Just for clarification, if you ordered the filter version, will we get the machine before the filter or will delivery of the glowforge be delayed until the filter is ready?

They have always said you can get the GF when it is ready or have them hold the machine and ship when the airfilter is ready too

2 Likes

regarding the filter. you can elect to have it sent later and get your GF when it is ready. or you can delay the whole order and get both at the same time. At least that is what I have seen several times on the forum.

1 Like

Thank You!

Thanks

puh not on the list. But have not heard about CE certification yet and hope they are already on it.

1 Like

Yesss!!! The day is finally coming… my GF will be here on Friday.

Well at least half of it… the second box doesn’t have a delivery date yet. My luck, I’ll be sitting with that 1 box all weekend and have to wait until Monday to get the 2nd box.

For those keeping track… I didn’t get an official email from GF or Flex about my shipment. But since I did signup for a UPS My Choice account, I get notified of shipments coming to my house, and that email has one shipment on it. Then on the page for that shipment, it shows the 2nd package.

It was shipped yesterday, so that’s one day over 3 weeks from when I got my golden ticket until shipped. But looks like it will be just about 4 weeks by the time I actually get it.

SO EXCITED!

12 Likes

I held my breath in time to see if my country was on the list …

Same question…still waiting the planning by mail :slight_smile:

1 Like

$25 million was from the initial 30 day campaign. They sold another $22 million worth of units from November '15 - Feb '16. All of the money is setting in an escrow account waiting for each person to respond to the golden ticket email. GF just needs to ship units to get the money.

Another competitor is the Voccell DLS. Their website is focused on comparing themselves to the GF Pro. They have a 12 week lead time, but have been shipping and no initial consumer horror stories like the Muse. (so far every one who has one seems to really like it). I had decided this was the laser I’d get if there was another 6 month delay from GF. They say they are built in the US, which means it might not be cost effective to purchase for anyone outside of the US.

4 Likes

So did anyone get an update email with when their device is shipping?
@dan the week has come, anxiously waiting for said email in october update.

1 Like

Other thing : no change for the banner since 7 days :frowning_face: what about speadsheet ?

I believe it’s the latter.

No.

We’ve been swamped preparing emails; I apologize.

1 Like