Discussion of September 2021 Update

The hobbit lead in is great. I will never forget my first reads of them all. Absolutely enchanting forever! Thanks for all the updates and new features.

11 Likes

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead!

5 Likes

Excellent update … ahhh … little round doors … sounds like a perfect celebration!

Thank you for all the improvements!

5 Likes

Well, I’m a fan of Smaug, so be sure to celebrate his BD too. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

Groups and good copy/paste are exactly the kind of unglamorous, indispensable tools that I think should be in the free tier. Thanks, @dan.

3 Likes

“Prototyping is easy, production is hard.” - Elon Musk.

You suffered through that Dan. I’m sure there were times you wondered what you got yourself into.
I have to say you navigated that journey admirably, and I have been privileged to ride along. That the capabilities of the glowforge have continued to evolve for years speaks to the foresight of connectivity. Great update, Thanks!

7 Likes

All the coolest people were born that week… :wink:

2 Likes

Perhaps you need one of these also? :slight_smile:

The backlog to get accepted as a catalog designer must be pretty big based on the wait time.

::excited to get something submitted::

Thank you for the great update!

10 Likes

Aww…then the puzzle hexagon I made was super-simple for you to solve. Should have obfuscated the elvish.

5 Likes

Oh hey, I’m way ahead of you @dan!

Maybe I should add a Party Tree to the scene on the 22nd…

19 Likes

That’s precious! if only you had the benefit of the smiles that provokes.

3 Likes

Great update! Good to hear that there is a lot more excitement coming!

1 Like

That was a real Tolkien gesture!

Now time to fire up the 'precious and make something

Jonathan

3 Likes

I love this so so much.

1 Like

Thanks for the update Dan but I was a little surprised there wasn’t a mention about the activity surrounding a UK launch/promotion though.

I’ve been a little nag-bag recently surrounding support and access to materials for UK Forgers and I know there’s something rumbling!

I set up Facebook group (Glowforge UK) a few months back dedicated to helping new/potential GF owners, I now have a lot of anxious UK based potential buyers wondering if they should go ahead and order for import or wait for what may come!

They can’t wait and I can’t tell them anything because there’s no info!

• Is it a full launch with all machines, parts and materials being made available from the get-go?
  • Is it just a outlet here in the UK to get materials?
  • Will there be an ongoing service facility for faulty machines and parts?

I’m worried we’re going to have a whole month of of procrastination from people who just don’t know whether to take the leap or wait for potential disappointment - especially in the build up to the Festive marketplace and that also means a quiet month of sales for you!

I’ve advised them so far to evaluate their situations and go for it if now they don’t want to wait but I think they’re worried they’ll be paying more to import one, when they can get a machine with shipping and no import fees for much lower price here in the UK!

It’s a horrible sense of limbo and it would be great if I could give them a little something concrete to ease their frustrations.

Is that possible?

(btw. apologies if this isn’t the right place for this kind of feedback/questioning - I just thought - If you don’t ask, you don’t get!)

Rob

1 Like

The Hobbit book saved my life, and has been a support ever since. I’ve been loving this community and of course the machines for years now, and love how it keeps getting better (as promised). Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Did I miss the hardwood is 50% off sale?

Yeah, I think it is a leather sale now.

Bummer…Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.