Discussion of that overly long email I just sent everyone

MakeCOVIDstop.org was the site I think.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I was trying to remember it since the meeting ended. You are a lifesaver :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I tried to join the first one…I was there right on time and could never get in to any of it. Downloaded some weird player kind of thing…that didn’t work…tried just using the browser…that didn’t work either. I finally gave up…disappointed.

2 Likes

Tried to sign up at MakeCovidStop. The form lets me choose Canada as the country but then only lists US states. Please update so Canucks can register accurately!

1 Like

Does anyone have the link to the recording? I forgot all about it :frowning:

I couldn’t get on (meeting full)…

The recording URL is created after the fact and has to be published/emailed/shared. Haven’t seen that yet.

1 Like

It was nice to hear your voice @jules! Now I know you’re a real person. :wink:

3 Likes

Yours too! And several other forum friends I recognized! :grinning:
(And sorry for the roundabout ramble. I do wish we could think of something to help the kids along who are stuck inside and can’t go out to play with their friends. It’s gonna be a looooong summer for them.)

Shame there are so many restrictions in place, but I never considered that.

2 Likes

I’m working on a project for the entertainment of the neighbors, kids and adults both. We get a lot of walkers in our neighborhood, especially now, so I’m designing a little scene to be embedded in the hilly area next to our driveway. Hint: it’s from a Major Motion Picture.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see it! :grinning:

2 Likes

Nice hearing from you as well. At first I was put off a bit as we could not all see each other. I was in another meeting and I had the person speaking on one screen and over a hundred folk on the other, not all at once but you could pan to the 4 or 5 pages it took.

1 Like

I thought it was a great test session, and it’s fun to put voices to the names I see here every day. I need to go rewatch to pick up what I missed the first time around… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Has anyone been able to replay it? I’ve tried a couple of times but I get an error.

I just followed it to YouTube and saw it there. (Click in the lower right corner.)

I missed it too but was able to watch the recording from this post. Bummer that I missed it. Hopefully next time!

1 Like

I have been so frustrated wanting to help do something on my GF and 3D printer but I am stuck not knowing what is best. Then, my 1st grade daughters parents are blowing up at the school for not doing more online…Thank you for all of this lengthy letter. I am going to get these parents out of the dumps and that is my first priority, love your “it takes a village” idea and I’m stealing it. Can you give me some invite on making a chat/discussion room? Then I am going to find out what my health care community needs and pull them together to see what solutions I or this community might be able to provide, if any. I really needed this today, so thank you again and yes I will post my not so snazzy designs. Thanks Dan!!

3 Likes

I’d suggest Slack, which we use at work, and has a free version you can use that works great. I’m so glad - thank you!

1 Like

So I ended up making a calendar for our class using Keep&Share that links all the things our teachers post online (videos, PDF, Zoom and Flipbook). It amazing and I hope the whole class enjoys it. Thanks to you. And I have been making thank you, easter and spring signs - selling them for nothing to family and friends in our neighborhood. Thank you for that too and I love the Thank you sign with things to take…I am going to have to recreate the ones I just created to have that on them! Love it all. Love GF.

We decided against the discussion area…too much of that already but I will keep it n mind for other things.