Discussion of the April '18 update

:sob:

ā€œMy main point was that Glowforge would be happy to ship to these countries, but canā€™t because those countries regulations are stopping them.ā€

Hong Kong use same standard as United Kingdom (i.e. BS standard), so I donā€™t understand that why they can ship to UK but not to Hong Kong!

If that is the reason that they canā€™t ship the machine to us, why they just donā€™t tell us? They just push the delivery date again and again in NO REASON!

Dan, It is amazing to see the Glowforge improve every months, But it also sad that I havenā€™t received mine yet because My address is in the Middle east, I hope you guys spend more time on solving the logistics of getting your international customers their units , my delivery date was pushed more than 6 times and now it has been more than 2 years since we placed the initial order, and it will be 3 years before we receive the unit based on the expected date of shipping. I love the glowforge but it is just frustrating to see that international customers are not on the list of your priorities.

True donā€™t believe that my shipment was pushed to November too and it should be going to the Middle East, this would be the 6th time they push the delivery date. I guess the glowforge team really donā€™t care about customers outside the US and EU. weā€™ll see if this changes in the near future probably not.

I hope @dan that this will get solved soon we love the product and we waiting so long to get it but 3 years is too long

Not to make light of your feelings because we all waited a long time and some are still waiting, but it was only a few months ago that the EU buyers were saying the same thing except it stopped at US :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It would be great @dan to hear about how things have been going since April. All of us outside the US are still dead keen to get updated.

1 Like

Weā€™re working on a new update for everyone - but unfortunately for legal and compliance issues, thereā€™s nothing we can share other than itā€™s still in process, and the shipping estimate in each personā€™s account is our best estimate of when itā€™ll be done. I wish I had better, or at least more helpful, news.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update @dan we all really appreciate it.

1 Like

There is no update for the whole Mayā€¦and the shipping date for international customers has been pushing back once moreā€¦I really wish to have a more detail explanation from @dan :frowning:

2 Likes

Weā€™re working on an update right now, but Iā€™m afraid we donā€™t have any more information about schedules beyond the estimated delivery date in your account.

1 Like

Unfortunately, weā€™ve uncovered additional schedule challenges for both air filter & international shipping. We donā€™t have updated ship dates yet, but will by next week. At that time, theyā€™ll be updated at Glowforge - the 3D laser printer 22, where we keep the most up-to-date shipping forecast information we have available.

Does it mean delay again?

I think there is very little doubt about that. Otherwise it wouldnā€™t be unfortunate.

1 Like

I expect a rather significant delay, partly because Iā€™m a pessimist when looking forward (and an optimist looking backward), but also because a minor delay wouldnā€™t take very long to incorporate into the estimates and right now weā€™ve only got an estimate for when weā€™ll have a new estimate (next week).

Love the Plus concept but itā€™s backwards for me.

How about a Basic with passthrough?

Better yet. How about a passthrough upgrade panel for the Basic?

In fact, I got the front covered. How about just the back. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Tex99,
The Emblaser2 is pretty easy to use once itā€™s setup, but their documentation is a bit lackluster.
Iā€™ve cut a few small projects out, including helping my brother prototype up some pocket knifes heā€™s making.
Iā€™ve had it cut Tasmanian hardwood, 3mm MDF, 6mm Plyā€¦ it goes through EVA Foam like butter.

I have managed to etch on stainless steel using Mustard Etching, where, no joke, you smear mustard on the surface before burning it inā€¦ the smell isā€¦ interesting.

That said, with it being a 4w laser, itā€™s slow. Most woods require at least 3 passes.

But, unlike the Glowforge, I have oneā€¦ so in that respect itā€™s the best laser cutter Iā€™ve ever paid for an had in my house.

If you have any specific questions, my email is toby.daniel.wild at gmail.com.

1 Like