Discussion of the November Update

The revised, revised, revised, revised schedule.

3 Likes

Tomorrow is 3 weeks for me… really hoping this stays true. lol

3 Likes

OK I must be overlooking something. Where exactly on the sidebar of what are the “Latest Improvements”?

1 Like

Sidebar of the UI - app.glowforge.com

3 Likes

That only occurs on the third plus unit returns (thankfully there has only been 3 or 4).

1 Like

This was defined in link below. Terminology and only being apparent if using the glowforgw UI gave some confusion.

TLDR: Two places - ‘what’s new’ on bottom left of main glowforge website. Also on the right hand side of the glowforge UI when using the app.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought. I’m glad I wasn’t taking a drink when I read that part of the update.

3 Likes

Wow. Thanks! If it were a snake it would of bit me! Does anybody know if you close it will it come back with any new announcements? I never have closed the top announcement bar here even though I have my Glowforge.

3 Likes

You’ve already redefined “shipping,” and now you’ve come up with a surprisingly original definition of “ahead of schedule.” I have a work assignment that is due on November 24, 2017. Think I can hand it in around March of 2020 and expect kudos for being ahead of schedule?

8 Likes

People who have closed it said was nice to have the entire screen back and it enabled itself again next time launch the app.

As soon as a country is ready, we’ll start shipping to it. I’m not able to share details about our compliance and logistics process, I’m afraid, but we’ll let everyone know as soon as it starts.

1 Like

I got the UPS TEXT TONIGHT. Sure enough. Coming on Tuesday. Nice to see things are running more predictably at least somewhat. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Crazy gaslighting joke! After years of delays they are now claiming to be ahead of schedule.

Among psychologists something like this known as the “illusion of truth” effect.

And a tactic used by Dan now. What a joke. Not a very funny one.

6 Likes

No gaslighting. They are not at all claiming to be ahead of the original schedule. @dan is saying that things are going better than the most recently communicated revised schedule.

Glowforge is deservedly happy about this as it is the first time they’ve been able to tell us that delays are getting shorter. That some people are getting their machines earlier than Glowforge had told them to expect them. This is a good thing.

10 Likes

Thanx @XDm5.25, in two years here this is the first time I’ve had to invoke Godwin’s law. Frustration is understandable but downright tackiness is not. Directed at a Jew no less!

4 Likes

I’m confused. I ordered on Day 24 (10/18/2015) and the status says you’re now “shipping” Basic orders made on Day 25. I see one person who posted above who ordered the same day as me who got their email several days ago. But, my Account page says my order will “ship” November 27, 11 days from now. And I’m only a few miles from Glowforge HQ, so it’s not an issue with my location.

Can you clarify? I’m sure I’m not the only person who would like to understand better what’s going on.

2 Likes

Wait… what? Six weeks!!! I just saw that my date just got pushed back a week, and now it sounds like it’s possible my Glowforge won’t be here until mid to late January. I’m really starting to feel like the dream of lasing everything I can think of is drifting farther and farther away every update. I just want to lase! :sob:

PS @dan I live about 5 minutes from Glowforge HQ. Is there any way to reduce that six weeks if I were to pick it up myself? (I can understand if that’s not possible.)

1 Like

Glowforge inexplicably uses the word “ship” to talk about sending out emails. It’s quite dishonest.

5 Likes

I think they said originally (when they first started announcing shipping days), that someone in your situation (ordered by day x but theyre shipping y, and you haven’t received an email) should email them. Id first make sure it’s not in my spam or promotional folder, and then email support just to see whats going on.

Edit: yeah, it was mentioned in the September update, referring to people in the US who ordered by a date prior to the “now shipping” date,

3 Likes