Discussion of the November Update

Thanks for the suggestion. I just posted my question there. :blush:

My eta went from April to January. I changed my address to the USA so that may have influenced it but Iā€™m excited to see the progress.

11 Likes

Nice update.

I like the Friday celebrations. We always seem to focus on the problems and not on celebrating the successes when weā€™re in project mode. Having the time-out for a high-five session is huge in keeping the team motivated :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes, I have seen my own shipping date inching closer and closer. Great news to hear that was not an aberration. The twins are very excited!

22 Likes

Hello GF team and community!

Great news for all, though I would love to have more insight why the international shipment is so much behind the domestic shipping even though we were much earlier in line than most domestic people receiving theirs already. I really donā€™t want to sound nagging like a kid in the playground, I just love insight and reason.

Yes I know setting up international shipping takes more time, but itā€™s not rocketscience. If the legal test are approved in the country of future use than whatā€™s holding the shipment back? CAUSE Iā€™M READY :wink:

Will international shipment commence only when all international countries are GO? Or will the shipment just start to whatever country comes first in the order list?

Like @dan said:
Weā€™re moving forward on both international shipping and air filter projects. Both of these have bigger variability - weā€™re trying to bring them in, but thereā€™s risk that they could slip out.

WHYā€¦why are international orders at risk to slip out, are there any hardware changes needed for local legislation? Do you need different packaging, still hard negotiation with the carriers for the fees or do we need the perfect humidity combined with the solstice on Mars?

Again, not mad, just anxious and a tiny bit paranoid when reading Danā€™s above pasted quote.

Letā€™s end it with a hapy note, all you people here in the forum with you ideas, questions, products made on the GF and the general moodā€¦THANK YOU! You make the wait easier on us!

Greetings from the far far away land of The Netherlands!

Elwin

10 Likes

Dan said last month that the latter is the case - as a country is ready to ship, those orders will ship. Theyā€™re not waiting for all countries to be a ā€œgoā€ before they ship to the first one.

2 Likes

I think the biggie is that the certifications arenā€™t in place for everywhere yet. So thatā€™s a large part of the waiting game. Beyond that, since the GF is manufactured in the US, it is domestic shipping so the government doesnā€™t have to get involved. As soon as it crosses borders, customs gets involved. And well, you know what customs can be likeā€¦

2 Likes

I can verify that their production schedule is going faster than they anticipated. My estimated ā€œshippingā€ email schedule date moved from 12/4 to 11/27 to 11/21 to 11/14. YES, I got my email and said ship NOW. The clock is ticking until it arrives at my door. My order date was 10/18/2015. Thanks to the Glowforge team for all of your hard work and dedication.

11 Likes

Itā€™s real good hearing thing are heading in the right direction :+1:

And I sure hope my estimated shipping date get updated in the preferred direction any time soon :wink:

One thing thatā€™s been on my mind lately which I think really blows, though not completely unexpected is that Iā€™m pretty sure looking at the US shipping schedule that post campaign US based people will get their glowforge well before for example me. I live in Norway and my current date is February 8 :unamused: and I ordered mine on October 1, 2015.

3 Likes

Glad building machines is going faster. Unfortunately Iā€™m sending back my second damaged machine today for replacement. ā€¦did I just earn a ā€œwet blanketā€ badge?

8 Likes

Only one looks excited. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ā€œahead of scheduleā€? Is that supposed to be a joke?

12 Likes

Actually, my daughter (the one on the right) had given me a thumbs up when I broke the news to them, but I was too slow to snap the picture before she lowered her thumb back down.

The revised, revised, revised, revised schedule.

3 Likes

Tomorrow is 3 weeks for meā€¦ really hoping this stays true. lol

3 Likes

OK I must be overlooking something. Where exactly on the sidebar of what are the ā€œLatest Improvementsā€?

1 Like

Sidebar of the UI - app.glowforge.com

3 Likes

That only occurs on the third plus unit returns (thankfully there has only been 3 or 4).

1 Like

This was defined in link below. Terminology and only being apparent if using the glowforgw UI gave some confusion.

TLDR: Two places - ā€˜whatā€™s newā€™ on bottom left of main glowforge website. Also on the right hand side of the glowforge UI when using the app.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what I thought. Iā€™m glad I wasnā€™t taking a drink when I read that part of the update.

3 Likes