Discussion of the September 2017 update (OLD)

In Norway the warranty by law for a private individual would be 5 years for the Glowforge unit and 2 years for the lasertube. I have to agree that it is hard to impress Europeans with a two years warranty :wink:

5 Likes

Norway, and most north of the wall countries rock! :smiley:

F*ck the Lannisters (Spain government!) lol

4 Likes

I feel I’m about to be let down yet again by glowforge!!! For the umpteenth time in 2 years … If they are only on day 12 orders and day 5 pro orders… i highly doubt they are all of a sudden going to smash through those and start international orders ASAP! October 4th… and its not looking good… when will this end and they actually do what they say… I’ve not once complained but this has messed with my business plans BIGTIME!!! A little girl waits…

1 Like

I think the fact that another user registered a complaint with the WA state AG a while back and got a response saying that they were on target but that he’d get a refund if they were going to miss the 10/31 target, and then today received notification of his refund out of the blue would indicate that they are about to notify us of another delay. Seems about 99% likely at this point. It was a post in the support forum this morning.

2 Likes

Where have you heard this fact? Citation needed

1 Like
3 Likes

Thanks for making that connection. It appears that GlowForge initiated a refund (which he doesn’t want) while also saying that they are still on-track to ship all domestic pre-orders by the end of October.

I agree that there is little reason to assume that Glowforge will hit their goal given their past performance. However, this refund is not proof that they are going to ship.

2 Likes

I think I read it a little differently but it may just be a semantics issue.

Sometimes, spending time in this forum makes me crave bacon. But, that is probably because I love bacon, so I tend associate most things with my continuous underlying craving for bacon.

Did I just see a squirrel? Mmm. Bacon.

4 Likes

Can you make bacon from a squirrel?

Mmm. Squirrel Bacon.

4 Likes

I’m referring more to the timing of his posts and the responses but it may be nothing more than squirrel bacon. I did however notice that his original post on the issue was replied to 12 days ago and his refund was issued today. So, take away from that what you will.

1 Like

(not trolling - I just like Bacon.)

1 Like

Me too… me too.

1 Like

If there’s another delay, I expect bacon as compensation.

2 Likes

I can not even ask for bacon in compensation. It would be moldy time to get to Europe …

1 Like

more bacon

6 Likes

Moldy bacon is better than no bacon.

I wouldn’t read too far into all that. I filed the complaint hoping someone in a position of authority would look into the matter (my confidence in Glowforge to do what they say has been damaged). After sleeping on it, and with Dan’s reassurance that the schedule had not slipped, I recontacted the DA to remove the complaint, not because I thought it invalid, but because the logical side of my brain kicked back in and I knew no good things could result from such a complaint - only a refund, which Glowforge already offers. I’m already committed, I’ve already retired from my career, I’ve already lined up jobs, and I’ve already purchased support equipment and needed infrastructure changes. Stuck between a rock and a hard place. I’m normally very conservative with decisions like that, but I jumped and went all in this time (probably influenced by the 30 day campaign and not wanting to miss a life changing opportunity). Anyways, I thought it was a done deal until I received that email from the DA where Glowforge said they had already initiated a refund (which they had - and without my knowledge). They’ve straightened it back out now and I’m back to waiting for the end of October like everyone else.

10 Likes

Be thankful that Glowforge is continuing to get you your product.

Being self-employed, if I had a client file with the BBB or the State DA/GA, I would promptly refund their monies (for services) and not do business with those that filed ever again.

My hat tips to Glowforge for continuing their relationship with you.

5 Likes

Could you point me to the page/process that you used to file this complaint? I have an unrelated Kickstarter that is several years delayed and the project creator has promised refunds but failed to deliver despite multiple attempts to resolve this via email and Kickstarter messages.