Disney Descendants Clutch purse

Daughter is obsessed with Disney’s Descendants so we made a purse/clutch together. Need to get a strap next… Either rope or curtain cord or scarf coming soon…

36 Likes

I’m curious about how you did the alignment on both sides…did you use the updated lid camera accuracy?

Cute! My daughter loves the Descendants.

3 Likes

Pretty much. I’m also a big fan of math :slight_smile:
Notice the ruler taped on my crumb tray. That lines up with what is on the screen

12 Likes

Nice, I like the ruler! Is the photo the first pass or the second? Did you happen to take a photo of both sides of the process? Was the second pass with or without the “frame”? Did you realign between passes? Thanks for the reply!

This is the first side. I removed the frame for the second side, flipped it over and rotated it 90° so the entrance of the song titles would take less time… 28 minutes for more vertical and 16 minutes for more horizontal.
I have a spacer that is about 0,5" wide that I put along the left edge… Then I pushed this up against that… Viola… Straight. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Okay, now I get it, well done. Thank you for the extra details! My thinking was that the these projects could now be done by cutting, flipping and aligning manually…with the new alignment mapping. It seems like it’s possible, but my last printing session I printed mirrored pairs and flipped for my key-chains.

Next time, I may actually just align the backside with the camera! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Killer design!

2 Likes

Wonderful work, love the quotes and the execution!

2 Likes

Well done … So adorable!

1 Like

This is amazing. May i ask what material you used. Apologies if it’s here somewhere and I missed it. I want to make this but am nervous about the living hinge.

I Love It Beautiful!!

Do you sell the plain purse file? I’m an illustrator and would love to put my designs on a purse. I would rather not start from scratch.

Gentle reminder that it’s against forum guidelines to ask for designs.

https://community.glowforge.com/faq

If someone shares a print that they’ve made, please respect their sharing and do not ask for the source design or artwork. Designs take work and have value, and when you ask someone to give you that value for free, you undermine their work.

1 Like

Hi Pam. I bought this file off of Etsy and then edited it in numerous ways. He has dozens of different purse designs so I would start with that as a base.

https://etsy.me/32s3WyD

1 Like

Asking if someone sells their work, seems sort of in the spirit of those guidelines. That’s not pressuring to give their work away. That’s like forbidding people from asking what your Etsy store is. The original purpose of those if I recall from dan was that it was to prevent the reflexive “stl?” From most of the online communities where people felt pressured to give their work away.

4 Likes

I’d add, we could strongly consider adding promoting your Etsy store is equally verboten given it sort of pressures all of us in the way your friend who shows up with Avon cosmetics does…

2 Likes

And I’d add, that doing anything with Disney material is a a great way to get a Dmca takedown… if you really want to see a dmca implosion, put Mickey with a Harley-Davidson logo shirt on something…

3 Likes

Eeeeeek! Pampered Chef. Lived next door to a regional distributor and had to attend parties on a regular basis. :smile:

3 Likes

Huh. Didn’t realize this was still a thing :slight_smile:

1 Like