Does print time vary depending on cloud load?

Yes, 100 mb is not small; to be more precise, the buffer can only store a small job, because if the way GF sends jobs.

Sorry, didn’t mean to be insulting - I was trying to say that the connection between the ‘only prints small jobs’ bug and the numerous discussions of how to align jobs was caused by the bug forcing people to break big jobs into many small jobs.

Does anybody know of another laser cutter that has a limit on job time or complexity?

The Redsail failed when I did my initial attempts to make a lace cut in acrylic so I could make a slump bowl of it. I had to reduce the node count to make it work. Failed 3/4 of the way through the job leaving me with a piece of acrylic (12x12") with what looked like random diamonds cut out of it. But it froze with the laser on so it kept burning a hole until I noticed it wasn’t making the right sounds for a head racing around the bed. Until I reduced the node count every time I regenerated and reloaded the file it did the same thing - I only did that a couple of times because it was a multi-hour job and it was tedious to do too many tests trying to chase the problem. Reduced the node count by joining paths and moved on.

It preloads the project into onboard storage and can select the jobs from the panel so doesn’t need to be connected to the control PC once it’s loaded. But I’ve had it corrupt the memory (I assume) with a bunch of files loaded but still with plenty of memory available. I had to delete the loaded files to get a job to run correctly even though there should have been plenty of space available. I just tend to clear the local storage every week (when I use it) to avoid the problem.

1 Like