Domino set

I recommend (prior to using the file) cutting a small shape as a test piece to adjust settings to get it right. But to @eflyguy 's point - we should discuss that in a separate discussion. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone have the file? The image posted here cuts off at the bottom. :frowning: Thanks for the share!

The file is complete. It just displays incomplete in the original post.

Maybe i’m missing it - I dont see a link or a way to download the file. When i save the image it’s cut off

You should be able to right-click and save as an SVG. If you can’t, try it again in Chrome – some browsers are a little bit weird about SVGs.

I’m using chrome and it’s still cutting it off at the bottom. Can someone re-post the file?

It’s going to look that way until you open it in your design program. It’s all there; it just extends beyond the workspace.

5 Likes

So weird, thanks for the tip! It looks great once in the app :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s just because I created the design in Illustrator and it went outside the artboard. It still saves everything fine and has no issue but apparently makes it display weird here.

1 Like

So I had what I thought was a good solution to this issue but it didn’t turn out the way I hoped. lol I painted the dots and then spray painted over them so that you could see the dots through from the other side. It looks really cool that way. However, the outlines of the dots are still visible covered by the spraypaint. So I was bummed to not be able to get that look I wanted.

I’ll have to probably just paint the backs. There are still a few things I can try though.

1. find something to fill in the score lines.

2. make the score lines really light, just enough to peel the masking so I can paint lightly in a way that can easily be hidden by spray paint over it.

I’ve just been testing them out gradually while I’m working on other things, so I haven’t gotten that far yet. But again, painting the backs would be the easiest fix. What will I end up doing? lol I haven’t decided. I am also experimenting with some white translucent ones.

Whatever dominoes are “failures,” that I don’t use for the actual game or for my daughter, my son will be happy to play with, lining then up to make a domino fall (? I don’t know the right name for that). lol So really no loss. haha

2 Likes

That’s what i was thinking, a cool emerald greed marbled look

1 Like

Am I only seeing 26? I thought it was suppose to be 28. Nice job also.

1 Like

They are all there but you may not see all of them until you open the file.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks.

What type/brand of paint did you use?

There is what I did and there is what I should have done. :smiley:
I used just regular acrylic craft paint.
I should have just spray painted the dots (while the rest was still masked) and then removed the masking and then painted over that. I haven’t had a chance to go back and do this yet because - life. Too much going on at once. :smiley: I’ll probably either give these to my son to play with (he wants dominoes to set up and knock over lol) and then make new ones.

What I also think would work really well is to use the two colored acrylic sheets. Then when you make the dots, it would show the different color underneath. That would look pretty nice!

3 Likes

Is this file still available?

1 Like

Yes, it’s the colorful drawing in the first post in the thread. Right click on it and choose Save As.

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Will you share your vaporizing setting?

1 Like