Dont have a clue what to do

i have a yellow light on my glowforge… i have tried everything to fix this problem… the machine is only a week old and i have wasted more proof grade material than i cut… it will start the project then stop… wasted project… really not sure what to do… cant get a hold of support… they seem to never answer back

1 Like

Are there any error messages on your screen when it stops? One thing that will give a yellow light is air temperature. I’m not sure how the temperature is where you live but here are the temps the units can operate at:

The Glowforge Basic is designed for use between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 75°F (24°C). The Pro has an expanded operating range up to 81°F (27°C).

The intake fan which is located on the bottom right front area of the unit has been known to get restricted from light material getting sucked up against the grill during operation so have a look at that to make sure it is clear;
Inspect your exhaust fan and hose as well for debris, kinks etc;
Also inspect the white ribbon cable that runs to the print head. Make sure it is completely and squarely plugged in and the clip is fastened.

3 Likes

Did you check the troubleshooting section of the Support site?

2 Likes

thank you for your advice… i checked all the fans and they are clean and free of any material… i also check the white ribbon cable and it is securely pluged in… its a very cool day here and my office is very cool. … not sure what to do next

2 Likes

Sorry I couldn’t help. Hopefully a staff member will be along soon to sort this out for you.

1 Like

Thank You for your time… it would be nice if support would be available to help…

1 Like

Yes I agree.

1 Like

Support actually doesn’t monitor this section of the forum. You’ll need to open a ticket by creating a new post over in Problems and Support. Good luck!

2 Likes

How very cool? There is such a thing as too cold, I don’t know the threshold but I know there is one.

Min temps are: 60°F / 16°C

its 69 here today

Orange, not yellow, is the temp over/under color, so your issue is most likely something else entirely. There’s been a lot misunderstandings about temp limits, but the gold standard is the tech specs page, which states…

Recommended Operating Temperature: 60F-75F (16C-24C) Basic and Plus; 60F-81F (16C-27C) Pro

…and the only temp that your GF measures is that of the liquid coolant that runs through the laser tube. Outside / inside temps, or even the temp inside the case of the GF have no direct effect.

YMMV, but I’ve found that emailing support@glowforge.com is faster than a post to P&S. They can look at your GF’s logs if you provide a date & time (including your timezone) of a “yellow button” event.

Best of luck!

2 Likes

thank You for all your help… i have emailed support… i was told to post here and see if anyone could help… i wont post here again.

Oh please do post again, we like to help each other out. We’re just advising reaching out to support as an “in addition” not a “you shouldn’t have asked.”

Hopefully the next thing you need to ask about or share will be more fun, but in no way is anyone trying to chase you off.

4 Likes

my ‘gut’ says to check the fans by the print head, and the carriage, it ‘feels’ like there stuck
need a video how to clean them?

Jonathan

1 Like

Moved this on over to Problems and Support

1 Like

Why?

Support doesn’t “browse the forums”.

Posting a new thread in P&S, or sending an email, opens a ticket in ZenDesk - which is what drives their activity.

3 Likes

Don’t hate me but….there is something familiar about your comments on creating P&S support tickets….

good-luck-were-all-counting-on-you

4 Likes

FYI moving a post to P&S doesn’t open a support ticket – the user has to create a new post in that area in order to trigger that. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.