Door Hinges

Hello I have a Glowforge Basic and my right door hinges will not open I popped the glass off that side, can I get 2 hinges coming my way any Help ThanksJess

Any Help Please Thanks!!

A few people have had similar problems… you can do a search on the forum for something like “broken hinge” to read what happened. I don’t think it is meant to be something you can fix yourself, so hopefully your machine is still under warranty… Some people have tried gluing theirs back together with varying degrees of success.

In any case, posting here opens a ticket with Glowforge Support, so you’ll probably be hearing back from them soon on what your options are.

1 Like

Can confirm: hinge failures are not officially user fixable. You’ll need to send it back to the mothership if you don’t want to tackle gluing them yourself.

Already glued! And the hinge is off I just need them to ship me 2 new black plastic Hinges for the door and I will be all good!!

The hinge will only open with enough force. Can you take some pictures of yours?

If you glued them back, why do you need new ones?

I took it off already, I can fix it with 2 new hinges , I emailed Glowforge last night but haven’t heard back…

I glued the glass back on, my hinge closest to the fan is ceased up!

I’m sorry that you’ve run into trouble with your Glowforge. I see that you have a ticket open with us via email, and we’ve sent you a response there with next steps, so I’m going to close this thread.