Dotted lines

I created a design for a leather note pad. When designing it I used dotted lines to make holes for sewing the leather pieces together. When I upload it to the Glowforge it converts the dotted lines to solid lines. How do I stop it from doing this?

This thread may be hellpful: Inkscape - Creating a Circular Dashed Line for Perforations

6 Likes

And in general you should view your art in Outline mode (is that what it’s called in Inkscape?) before sending it to the Glowforge. It will show you what the laser actually sees, with all styling like line widths, dotted lines, patterns etc, removed.

3 Likes

@knightmedic I see that the community has provided some good advice on the next best steps. I’ll keep this thread open a little longer, and see if any of those steps helped. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks, I figured out how to turn the dashed lines into dashes in Inkscape using extensions. Thanks for all the help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.