Double Cutting a Line and I Don't Know Why

Hi. I’m cutting a living hinge and when I go to cut it, it is passing each line twice. It does not seem to be the case of a double line. The screen shot is of the living hinge, in outline mode (Illustrator) at 800 %. I can go in 64000% and see nothing more than single lines. It is all a compound path on a single layer. Can anyone point me the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

98% of the time this happens, there are lines duplicated on top of each other in the file.

4 Likes

Thank you for your response and help. Is there a way to see the duplicated lines and get rid of them? At this point it is simply a compound path on a layer.

snip_20190303195923

i can’t tell without seeing the actual file. you might try using the direct selection tool and selecting a single segment and deleting it to see if there’s anything underneath.

1 Like

You’ll have to dive deeper into the compound path to see what it actually consists of.

2 Likes

I went ahead and selected the path and went to object > compound path > make (no option to release). I then selected the path and went to object > compound path > release. Though I have not re-cut the project (no need). I loaded the file to see the cut time. When I cut it the first time it was 55 minutes. This time it was 32 minutes, so I am assuming that it worked. If I cut it again, I will update this thread.

Than you all for your help and time.

5 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!