Double Print?!?

Ok, so I loaded ONE keychain to test print…when I looked at the GF I saw that it was printing TWO (overlapping). What in the world?! What would cause this?

First pic is what I loaded (wood was already cut - just look at the design)

Next pic is what was actually printed

What software are you using? In CorelDraw you can actually have an object you can’t see caused by making both the fill and outline transparent. Did you use a trace function on another graphic to make a vector? If so, that is probably what you did.

1 Like

Inkscape. I didn’t use a trace function. I edited an existing drawing (broke apart paths, deleted and joined lines, etc.)

CorelDraw has a mode called “Wire Frame”. This mode will show all objects whether they are transparent/invisible or not. I have not used Inkscape, but it may have a similar mode to show anything hidden.

I will research to see if Inkscape has something similar. Thanks so much!

2 Likes

It does : View > Display Mode > Outline

3 Likes

Thanks! Quicker than Google - love it! :slight_smile:

So I closed out everything, reloaded Inkscape and reloaded the file into Glowforge.
Worked like a charm(?)
Maybe it was just some weird snafu w/ Glowforge software last night.

2 Likes

Hi Angela,

My name is Mercedes and I’m part of the Technical team here at Glowforge.

It looks like the forum folks were able to help you out! That’s awesome.

Since it looks like you were able to resolve your issue. I’m going to go ahead and close this post now. If you have any other questions or need help with anything else feel free to send a message our way by either creating a new forum post or sending us an email or chat ticket.

Happy printing!