Double-sided Frame - Snap Together (duh) :)

No worries. I didn’t take it that way! Just echoing the sentiment that it’s a beautiful frame. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I spent many hours figuring out these. First getting the Inkscape extensions installed. Then understanding how to enter the parameters. I used online generators, but at that time I wasn’t quite sure what everything referred to and they all used different methods.

The festi site is amazing. They work great, but you still have to test and adjust for kerf, depending on what tolerances you want.

I went through a lot of cardboard testing these out.

4 Likes

Thing is, how do you test with cardboard if the kerf is different with each material? And I haven’t yet found any way to get close to predicting what kerf might be for the box generator. So I end up with a bunch of tiny boxes to see which kerf value works.

BUT, I don’t want to derail the thread any more. I just like looking at the pictures and having design envy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The great thing about a tabbed box is that once you have created one the others are relatively the same.

Oh yes. In the end you have to make a coupon to test tabs and slots for particular materials. That was the key to understanding it.

The cardboard is good for the overall layout and understanding how they work, but I don’t think you can substitute a test in the material. And then there is the whole acrylic thickness variability.

4 Likes

You are not derailing the thread. This is why we post things, to have a discusssion!

5 Likes

Thank You for your design and contribution!

4 Likes

You’re welcome!

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing this! I have had a picture sitting here since I got my Glowforge waiting for me to spend time figuring out a frame, which was never going to happen. Now I have no excuse!

5 Likes

LOL. It is so weird in this electronic age to have photos sitting around for me. But I needed one so I made a frame.

1 Like

I love it! Thank you!

For some reason there aren’t any photos of our 2 year old granddaughter printed in our house. Thinking I’ll print one when we get back from our weekend.

3 Likes