I finding using the GF is becoming more and more frustrating. I’ve had it a little over a year, and it’s gotten progressively worse. I find it rarely cuts all the way through anything anymore, or half of a design will be cut through, the other half not at all. I know of all the usual suspects, make sure it’s flat, make sure it’s clean, yada yada yada… Making test cuts are zero help because each piece of “proofgrade” is different. What worked with one design on such and such settings usually will not work again with a different piece. Make all the test cuts you want, you put in a different piece of wood, and you’re starting all over again. It’s frustrating and irritating. I’ve wasted so much wood making “test cuts”, and then when it’s time to do the actual cut, the “test cut” settings rarely work.
I realize this isn’t magic, and that it requires significant trial and error, but upon purchasing this thing so many years ago, we told that it would be “that easy” to get decent and consistent results. And that “proofgrade” materials were offered, at a higher price than you’d probably pay elsewhere, because of this ease of use. And yet, every time I want to use this, and make my test cuts, and then make my real cuts only to have it not cut all the way through. It’s really disheartening.