Dragon Pen or Wand Stand

I was thinking about my DIL’s upcoming birthday, and her love of fountain pens, and decided that a pen rack might be a good gift for her, so I started designing sort of a Victorian-style rack. I’m not sure exactly what happened, but somewhere in the middle of drawing it, it suddenly turned into a dragon.

I don’t think it’s quite what she would want on her desk, but I’m quite pleased with it, despite the fact that I don’t own a single fountain pen. :wink:

65 Likes

Oooh! I like the dragon. (Watching “How to Train your Dragon” right now.) :dragon:

6 Likes

This is a great design with tons of possible uses. I think it is beautiful just as it is, but it can be used to hold fountain pens, regular pens, paint brushes, apple pens, magic and non magical wands and any combination of these items.

10 Likes

doesn’t need to be a fountain pen. that would be a great stand for anyone who collects any kind of pens (or someone who turns and sells them as a display). really like the green glass base addition. it’s a nice touch.

my FIL turns pens. we have a pretty decent collection now that were gifts in a display box (i think it holds 20 and it’s already full). this would look great on his table at a craft show.

10 Likes

Oh, wow. This is gorgeous.

3 Likes

Nice rack!

10 Likes

OMG! WANT! Just to have, not even to display anything. That is wonderful!

5 Likes

The green glass acrylic is always a great touch, great work.

3 Likes

Outstanding!

2 Likes

Fantastic! Almost Nessian with the green glass :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, the green glass is a nice touch!

2 Likes

Let me start off by saying wow! That is all around cool!
Second, I have a question and I know everyone here is going to have an answer for me. It’s called green glass acrylic (or glass green acrylic?) because once cut it’s clear acrylic with a blue/green look to the edge correct?
A follow up question would be is there anything else you have to do to it to get the green look?
I only ask because I purchased a sheet of this in great excitement to get this look only to end up with thick clear acrylic…

2 Likes

You must have gotten the wrong stuff, then. Was it PG? Because they should replace it for you if so. It’s got a green tint to the edges even before you cut it, and looks more glassy/transparent compared to regular clear acrylic.

2 Likes

Here’s my proof grade. I’ll have to send an email.

yeah, that’s not green glass acrylic. it’s really obvious when you look at it. even moreso when the masking is still on.

3 Likes

This is the stuff…

If you use cheap common sand to make your glass the Iron impurities will give you glass of this color. When the Engineers told the CEO of Coca-Cola that clear glass would cost more he ran out and patented the color.

This is clear…

7 Likes

Absolutely fine design.

3 Likes

What a fabulous artistic AND practical cut all in one.

3 Likes

That is brilliant. Wonderful design!

4 Likes

@geek2nurse you are an amazing font of creativity!

4 Likes