Dragons Like Their Coffee Hot

First project for a new Glowforge owner. Got my sample materials and thought, “Dragons like their coffee really hot, and I’ve gotta protect my new end tables.” So here it is, a Dragon-themed Coaster.

As I learn Illustrator and Glowforge better, I’ll need to look for hidden cuts in my designs (the scales on the back of the dragon were supposed to be just scores). After watching my machine work on the scores for almost 30 minutes, I was surprised when it then proceeded to cut them all out! I thought I had eliminated them when the design imported, but I missed these.

But I kinda like the end result better!

51 Likes

Really nice first project. I look forward to seeing more of your creations.

4 Likes

Looks great and just like it is supposed to,

3 Likes

We’ve all been there! :slight_smile: It looks great just the same.

5 Likes

That’s beautiful! The layered wood will also likely keep it from bending if it gets wet :smiley:

In a world where some days you might want to score them and some days you might want to engrave, and still others cut - you can leave all those elements in your design and then set them to ignore in the left job menu. Each different task will gets its own tile so you can customize the look within the same design

4 Likes

Looks great! Lovely illustration work.

2 Likes

Oh wow. You definitely have some design talent. Love the contrast against the wood table.

2 Likes

Cool dragon!

2 Likes

That’s funny! I just watched an old episode of Shameless and it had the Ouroboros (serpent or dragon eating it’s tail) on there. Very nice design and great way to show off your work while protecting you tables!

4 Likes

Nice work! I’m a Dragon (for real). I and my scaly sisters approve.

1 Like

Love your dragon. I’ve done several dragon items for my son-in-law, so they always catch my eye.

1 Like

Reminds me of The Worm Ourobus

1 Like

Me too! Very cool! (Or should I say hot?) :smile: