Drive Belt Installation

I had to clean my assist fan and got the drive belt on the right side fine but can’t seem to get it to go back on the left side. I made sure it was going the correct way with smooth on outside and ridged on inside but can’t for the life of me get the left side on and I ended up hurting my fingers trying.

I believe you can loosen the pulley on the right side with a hex wrench and bring the pulley temporarily closer to the other side so you can install the belt, then pull it back taught and tighten the pulley.

If you place a mirror underneath the right side of the laser arm, you will see the pulley and the slot that it moves in.

Be sure to check the tension before sliding the pulley, then return it to that tension when you re-tighten it.

3 Likes

Just poking fun here… If it’s not installed make sure that you put it back that way when you are done?

2 Likes

Made sense at the time. :rofl:
(Check the tension on the side belts…jeez, can’t get away with anything around here.) :smile:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble with the belt. I have just followed up by email with detailed instructions to adjust the pulley, so I’m going to close this thread.