Drop the mic 😎

What’s funny was the other day I was having miscibility problems with my coffee grounds in my french press, and my next door neighbor who is practically family goes “oh, why don’t we gold-spatter those grounds vs the store bought ones and look at them under my Electron-Microscope…” I hang out with a very nerdy crowd, so microscopes are easy to come by…

27 Likes

Well, do a grain and take some better photos! ROFL! My attempts are kind of pathetic! :grin:

8 Likes

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G…! What did you do, make a jig for a rice grain? Seriously though, how did you support it?

9 Likes

bet it was double-faced tape holding it to the bed.

7 Likes

Trade secret… :wink:

J/K…I balanced it carefully just inside one of the grid openings, so the air flow from the assist was blocked …

12 Likes

Shhhhhh! You’re gonna give it away… :smile:

5 Likes

Yeah because that “balanced it carefully” thing is total B.S. :smile: I can’t keep felt from blowing away. The rice would have been a goner as soon as the air assist vortex came even close.

Be nice. People might try to balance things like that - wait until it’s hubs trying to mark a diamond for you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11 Likes

You win. After my seventh attempt of putting my name in morse code on a toothpick, I gave up. Definitely easy to do, I can read it, but to get a good engrave worthy of a picture… have better thing to do.

19 Likes

I hear ya! (The engrave was easy…the picture was hard.) :smile:
And I probably ought to get back to work too…this was just too much fun…

12 Likes

Obviously the mite used a miter saw to cut those gears…

shows himself out

33 Likes

:joy:

4 Likes

WINNER!
Totally amazing!

4 Likes

Winning would have been using the laser to brand the mite.

12 Likes

Well I think @dan has said that the new power settings coming out soon would be able to engrave mites. Right now they only cut/vaporize.

I do intend to write my name on mites so the wife will know which are hers to sweep up and which are mine to sweep.

19 Likes

Holy crap! can’t even believe you got that fixtured up, let alone lasered!
We just got rid of our Scanning electron microscope, but we still have really good microscopes with high end cameras attached for metallography. I’ll PM you the address if you want me to take pictures! Amazing!

2 Likes

But did you use proof-grade rice?

23 Likes

I mean, of course it engraves rice. I forget if that was in the video or not. :sunglasses:

kidding aside, well done, that’s super cool

3 Likes

Personalized rice…lol. You are crazy sister…lmao. But yes…you won!!

11 Likes

I am seriously impressed! Amazing work!

2 Likes

A macro microscope? Mite that be just a “scope?”
Macro + micro = 0 :innocent:

7 Likes