DTG Printers

Hello i’m just loking to buy DTG printer. Might be someone got it already and can give some advice which one is better? Thanks

2 Likes

curious to see what replies you get :slight_smile:

Here’s another thread that you might want to check out if you haven’t already, @jokimcius. It’s not specifically about DTG printers, but it might give you some tips on what to look for.

As with so many things, your budget is going to be a big determining factor in what is available to you. Do you mind sharing a ballpark figure?

I see that you said you are thinking about a DTG printer, but would you also be interested in something that isn’t direct, like dye sublimation?

Are you willing to convert a printer yourself? It looks like the Epson SureColor P600 is a popular base for DIY DTG conversion.
This site seems to be dedicated to DIY DTG printers… They sell kits and stuff. I haven’t spent much of any time there though, so I don’t know how “good” the site actually is.
opendtg.com

3 Likes

Also search http://www.t-shirtforums.com. Lots of good info there.

1 Like

The AnaJet machines (now owned by Ricoh) are very nice, I remember liking them more than the offerings from Brother and Epson… but those are all in the $15K range.

2 Likes

I’m on budget no more then 15k
Thinking about this one

1 Like

Such a cool and accessible tech, but unfortunately, only works on polyester and, as a dye process, no option for opaque/white inks. So dark fabrics are out :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I was given a sample t-shirt with a Marvel Comics design from Anajet in April 2015, which I wore and washed a few dozen times. I got another version of the same design in January of this year, and took a picture to compare the two, and see how well the colors were holding up. New one is on the left.

Considering that I wore it while shoveling out dirtbike jumps, splitting firewood, and wrenching on the jeep, and then washed it hot, right-side out, and tumble-dried high, I’m impressed.

They also gave me a sample with a kitty-cat printed on a black t-shirt, which I altered a little bit and gave to my girlfriend. She often wears it in the evening after she changes out of her work clothing, and it still looks very sharp. I’ll try to remember to take a photo of it next time I see it.

2 Likes