Due to fly into USA?

Due to fly into USA this Tuesday, with a ESTA visa, to visit my wife while waiting for my green card.

I don’t know if I will be turned away after this morning’s news of the latest presidential executive orders !!!

John

EDIT… and I don’t know how to find out. :frowning:

8 Likes

I know we keep things pretty nonpolitical here but I do need to say sorry, the majority of us voted for the less crazy one.

That said, you being from the UK you should be okay.

14 Likes

Have a safe flight!! (where are you flying into?)

2 Likes

Thanks Mark, and yes, I want to keep it non-political.
I just need shoulders for support at this moment.
It’s _not knowin_g that the biggest problem.
John
Hi PIGHEADED,
Atlanta.
Still listening to the BBC for news update.

4 Likes

You won’t be effected, unless you happen to be a Syrian refugee. Currently, the only visas being suspended are from Iran, Iraq, Syria, Sudan, Libya, Yemen, and Somalia.

My feelings about that aren’t forum-appropriate, so I’ll just leave it as that. You will be fine. Safe travels.

13 Likes

Whatever you do, don’t tell the Customs officers that you’re a bad hombre.

11 Likes

On one of my several visits, the guy on the scanner, queried that I was over 75, based on my appearance.
“What’s your secret ?”
"Clean living…and vodka !"
The first time I’ve seen a Homeland employee crack up :smiley:

30 Likes

Sad I can only give one like

2 Likes

Hopefully your birthday is within the first 12 days of the month…

4 Likes

I might suggest not joking anymore. They are a lil more crabby these days.

Just a wild guess, I am assuming your not Muslim by your forum name . So probably no problem getting across. Sad state of affairs these days. If you and your wife need to get away, we up here in the northern colony have an attractive PM and have the queen on all our money.

10 Likes

Thanks, i’ll bear it in mind.
As it happens, her first born son still lives in Toronto, and I think a Canadian Citizen, so we may have a bolt hole :wink:

3 Likes

Isn’t it the other way round ?
Mine’s 21st October, so it not sure what the effect is going to be :smiley:

2 Likes

My wife and I visited Scotland this past September. On the way home, we went through US Customs in Shannon Ireland en route to Boston. The customs agent joked with us. But that was four months ago

1 Like

From what I understand the problem is that the US secret service recorded 10/21 as a birthday for a reporter and the reporter’s credentials read 21/10. So they didn’t think it was the same date.

5 Likes

Just don’t mention if you are a patriots fan. :football:

8 Likes

I’ve asked the step-son to take me to a game so that I can convert from rugby to your version of football.
I don’t talk about the other game :wink:

5 Likes

Hope it all goes well. I’m going to Mexico for a while in February. Don’t know if the wall will be ready by the time I return so keeping my return ticket open. Ha! :airplane:

11 Likes

How handy are you with a trowel and mortar ?

John

3 Likes

We will be returning to Cozumel in may for the 10th time since 1984 with the whole family certified divers.
I love the Mexican Caribbean. The ramblings of a reality TV celebrity will not influence my plans.

12 Likes

Safe travels!

3 Likes