Duplicate a design (to cut multiple copies at once)?

Hi! I’ve done a few Glowforge projects thus far, and everything’s gone pretty well.

But I could have sworn that from the bed view you could duplicate a design, to cut out multiples in a single pass. (Option-drag? Command-drag?) Now I can’t seem to - and that’s a problem, because one layer is an engraving of something scanned with the GlowForge. I don’t have another scanner handy, so I can’t just make an SVG file with 20 copies of this (fairly simple) shape + engraving; I’ll have to manually reposition the design every few minutes after cutting, which will make for a very, very tedious hour or two of running back and forth.

1. Am I utterly misremembering, or is this (did this used to be) a feature?

2. If so, how do I do it?

3. If not, how do I say “egads, please please implement this”?

2 Likes

Standard copy/paste applies. Select the object with the selection tool (the arrow) on the top toolbar, press ctrl/cmd+c to copy then ctrl/cmd+v to paste.

13 Likes

Tom beat me to it…but yes, copy/paste.

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks! Kept hunting for something in the shown UI; didn’t occur to me to use the browser UI.

1 Like

I tend to do my duplication in the source art, generally allows for a bit more precise arrangement to preserve materials… but yes copy/paste :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I usually do mine in my design app, too…but have been known to do it also in the UI.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer @Tom_A and @xabbess, that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if you have any other questions, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for asking about this!

1 Like