Duplicating designs from an iPad in GFUI

Can any experienced users explain to me how to duplicate a design in the GFUI on an iPad? I traced my design and need to make 9 replicas.
I’ve clicked and highlighted… no arrow or options to copy. Where else do I look?
Thanks!

2 Likes

This is actually a really good question. Does it work like most ipad/ios things where a long press lets you copy? Seems unlikely.

No… if I long press it starts to float around as if I’m trying to move it.

Huh, I’m amazed this has never come up that I’ve seen.

As for now I’m manually moving it after each pass. Since this is my first project I’m still happy, excited and amazed… and not at all annoyed!

1 Like

I mean the somewhat less helpful answer is to open the design on a traditional computer, but that’s not the question, is it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a traditional computer… and I am not unfamiliar with using different programs and software for different projects… that’s fine by me! All a learning curve!!! . Thanks! I’ll check back later in case there is a solution.

1 Like

I just checked. Doesn’t look like they implemented copy/paste for tablet-based browsers.

3 Likes

I vaguely recall getting copy/paste to work when I had a bluetooth keyboard hooked up to my ipad which is not so different than using a computer at that point, but if you have one handy it might suit your workflow?

3 Likes

I love your attitude! It is so refreshing, especially during this crazy time.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone! I think in the future , as far as iPad goes… I’ll design on my computer, duplicate in that same design program, then print and “trace” . Not a problem at all… as a novice I need guidance on ALL these functions.

Can confirm that copy/paste works on iPad with a Bluetooth keyboard. I’ve never been able to do it without.

2 Likes

Bluetooth keyboard is required. My iPad Pro is my number 1 choice when using the GFUI.

If you have any questions I would be very happy to help you.

Yep, Cmd-C/V works when you have a keyboard attached. So does holding Shift to constrain rotation, and a few other common graphics-editor tricks.
(Doesn’t necessarily have to be a Bluetooth keyboard; I use mine with Apple’s Smart Keyboard Folio.)

3 Likes

Thank you!! I’ll look into that (keyboard)and you’ll probably hear from me again!

1 Like

Happy to help you.

1 Like

Just to follow up; keyboard arrived yesterday… tried CMD C/V and …voila! Duplicates! THANK YOU!!!

3 Likes

I would love to just use the iPad keyboard.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.