Ear Savers in Upstate NY

Good morning! Firstly, I’d like to thank Dan and the other fine folks at Glowforge for allowing the users to aid, in some small way, the comfort and safety (through a better fit) of our health care workers. The ear saver program worked flawlessly. I signed up to make up to 400 (or something like that, though I would actually make more) Ear Savers. For a while, I got no response, then BOOM
3 orders for a total of 270. Those all came on Wednesday, and they are all within a 10 mile radius of my work. I felt obligated to make them as quickly as possible. Fortunately, I had scraps of 1/8" acrylic sheet from previous projects as well as full sheets. So I burned them, almost all of them. I customized some, so that greatly slowed the engraving process. I completed about 220 of the total, enough to complete 2 orders and the majority of the largest orders. It looks like these will be going to a local VA hospital. Not sure where the other 2 orders will wind up, but they are local.
I will drop these 3 orders off today. Not that I’m patting myself on the back, but that’s 2 days. That is better than Amazon now-a-days, especially if what we get is coming from China (which is another sensitive subject).
But I digress, which I do often. Attached are a few pictures. Special thanks to my wife for helping to peel some of the adhesive paper coating off the Earsavers, which is a real PIA. She hasn’t seen the manicurist in at least 5 weeks, so this is probably good for her, though she “makes pretend” it is ruining her nails. She’s so funny.
Anyway, stay healthy, stay positive. Make sure you get up and move if you are under stay at home. Thanks for being you. And thanks again to Glowforge for starting and facilitating this program.

Rich O.

20 Likes