Ear savers not printing evenly

Hi! I’ve been printing a ton of these things, but recently I’ve noticed that the little protrusions aren’t cutting evenly. See attached: the right side is a lot more flimsy. I’ve cleaned the lens, under the tray, etc, no dice. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I’m nervous they will break

Wow, that is really strange! I’d say the file got messed up somehow. If you are using the one Glowforge added to your workspace, you can reset it to the original by going to the three vertical dots in the menu with the design open, choose Design details, then choose Reset design.

1 Like

Thank you, I will try that.

Unfortunately that didn’t fix the problem :frowning: I really have no idea…

Compare belt tension on each side of the machine, as shown here…

You have something here. The belt on the left side is loose. The right side is taut. Thank you! Any ideas on how to tighten?

The only way I can see would be to loosen the wheel at the back - the one on the front is attached to the motor shaft and there doesn’t appear to be any adjustment there.

I have no idea if loosening the visible bolt head will allow the wheel to move and tension the belt, but that’s how the one on the gantry is adjusted so I would assume it’s the same.

Aha! There are side-belt tension instructions down below the gantry and carriage plate info on this page:https://support.glowforge.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044425134-How-To-Instructions

Search for “side belt”.

3 Likes

Success! I didn’t have a metric hex key but the star kind worked. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Just to wrap up - you printed again and they came out as they should?

Yes, they printed great! Just marked as solution. Thanks again.

1 Like