Ear Savers Problem

So I just had a quick question. I tried to make some ear savers on my Glowforge using the recommended 1/8 inch acrylic and they snapped when I took off my mask when I was trial running them. Can anyone give me a better material to cut with the Glowforge for ear savers or tell me what I did wrong with the ones I did make?? Thanks in advance!

I like the Lucent product from Johnsons Plastics. It is more flexible and it cuts faster than regular acrylic. https://www.jpplus.com/lucentcollection

1 Like

@sarahbc1991 I’m so sorry to hear that happened! While I can’t support materials sourced from other manufacturers, many customers report success starting with Medium Proofgrade Acrylic settings on similar ⅛” (3mm) acrylic products.

To test your material with Proofgrade Acrylic settings

• Click “Unknown” on the left hand side of the Workspace
  • Type “Medium Acrylic” in the search bar and choose a color
  • When you print, watch closely. Materials vary widely, and the settings we use for Proofgrade material might not be safe or effective for other materials, even if they have a similar name.

If you’d like to adjust and save the settings for your material, take a look at this article on how to make the most of Manual Mode and control things like speed and power for custom results.

You can also search for advice in the Beyond the Manual section of our community. Note that advice in this section is unsupported and is not reviewed by Glowforge.

1 Like