Ebay hardwood sampler

If you’re looking to get into hardwoods, this is a heck of a starter pack.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22-THIN-ASSORTED-BOARDS-1-8-thick-lumber-wood-crafts-inlay-veneer-scrollsaw/253906710651

You could make a pretty nice tray out of any one of those boards, and this would be a great way to get into inlay. I’ve got all I need lately, but it was too good an offer not to mention it.

14 Likes

And… sold. (Not to me)

2 Likes

I did say it was a good deal…

2 Likes

Sorry, think I might be the one who bought it–I expected that there would be several. I’ll let you know what I get.

3 Likes

No reason to apologize. You snooze, you lose. Make some fun stuff!

2 Likes

I should get a commission :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i ended up buying a different set of 1/8 walnut pieces from the same seller. going to be the outside edges of a box i have planned.

2 Likes

oh, and that piece of spalted elm in the original post looked really nice.

Oh man, I would have snatched that right up if I had seen it sooner

heh, do you work by the board?

Gotta get my “Will work 4 thin lumber” sandwich board sign out.

BTW, I guess I should say I have never bought form this dude before so if the wood is all hacked up and cupped I take no responsibility or pleasure in it.

If he’d ever answer my question on ebay about shipping, I’ll be diving in as well.

3 Likes

woodchuxredux.

3 Likes

That’s what I’m trying to avoid :wink: I should have asked and ordered before I blabbed and you guys overwhelmed him :stuck_out_tongue:

Argh, which one of you bought that redheart out from under me? I had it in my cart, waiting for updated shipping info.

Dang vultures. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m pretty new at the hardwood game, so I don’t hold you responsible at all. It will be a while before I’m cranking out amazing work like you. Seller has already messaged me saying it ships tomorrow, so we’ll see.

1 Like

never ever share something like this until you get your order submitted. :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah yeah. It was you wasn’t it? :wink:

not this time. walnut.

7 Likes

Oh wow, I didn’t see those pieces. That’s really pretty.

Man I really shoulda looked more carefully before posting.

2 Likes

yeah, dat grain.

2 Likes