Ebay hardwood sampler

For anyone who missed out on the sampler(s) that he had…

I just got a message from him:

I have 3 more 1/8" assorted sets already cut that I will be listing this weekend.

So keep an eye out.

2 Likes

Also:

Hi David, Thank you for your purchases and quick payment. Will ship both sets of maple, canary, yellow birch and padauk boards tomorrow, Saturday. I think I have this straight now…:slight_smile:

This bodes well.

1 Like

Yes, he’s had a lot of good feedback, so I hope we’ll have a good resource. Thank you for the heads up!

Who’s the seller? I can’t get eBay to tell me, since the listing has ended. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Oh, never mind. I just didn’t scroll down far enough. :slight_smile:

Seller’s direct link:

https://www.m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=deer56hunter&isRefine=true

3 Likes

I’m kind of surprised nobody has snagged those bookmatched zebrawood pieces. They’re hot.

I drooled over them a bit, but I’m still a hardwood n00b, and I’ve heard zebrawood is fiddly. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve heard zebrawood is fiddly

It can be inconsistent… You just need to overpower the cut. Mask the front and back well and cut the crap out of it. Kerf adjust a little thicker because of the overcut. Sand your visible edges at the end and voila.

Easy peasy.

3 Likes

i thought about the zebrawood. but they’re only 2 7/8 wide. and i liked the walnut.

1 Like

I’m waiting til you guys get your wood. I still haven’t been refunded from you-know-who.

FYI, mine has shipped and should be here Tuesday, so should have a bit of an update then.

1 Like

Yeah mine shipped too.

1 Like

LOOSE LIPS
SINK SHIPing times and available inventory.

4 Likes

I got my shipment, it’s all really nice. It’s all pretty much dead-on 0.125" thick and none of it is warped.

Surface quality is good, it’s sanded, but rough. Hard to say what grit, maybe 120? It’ll definitely need some sanding to get a truly fine finish, but not much.

I’ll post a closeup of the canarywood in a second.

My order included:
14 maple pieces in 2 widths,
3 padauk boards at about 5" width.
5 spalted yellow birch pieces
4 canarywood pieces

And as a thank you he threw in one stray piece of redheart. It’s beautiful. Total, was $54 for the wood, and $18 for shipping, total of about $73.

3 Likes

It’s not as smooth as ocooch, but it is a consistent finish, I’d definitely buy from this guy again.

6 Likes

Oh good, you can pretest …I just ordered some canarywood - it looks gorgeous. Hope it’s not too hard to cut. :smile:

Methinks thou dost pretest too much.

Just feeling it, I bet it cuts easily, along the lines of maple.

2 Likes

Some neat info here. Pretty big tree!

https://www.woodworkerssource.com/shop/category/Canarywood.html

1 Like

I cut my canary at almost twice the speed of maple PG ply, or just a bit faster than maple hardwood.

1 Like

:rofl::laughing: