Ecotank printers?

I had that happened, I pulled the tube from the yellow tank, and blew compressed air thru it to removed blockage. hasn’t given me a problem since.

2 Likes

ET2760 for sublimation and
ET7750 for the wide format printing

3 Likes

Something like Qimage (and I bet you could find a free solution?) might be worthwhile for some folks. But with Qimage (which I don’t use, but just know that it’ll do it), you can schedule automatic prints. Not sure if you can schedule a nozzle test but that seems like it would be ideal! Maybe an image that simulates a nozzle test to work each part of the printer head.

2 Likes

Interesting.

I had hoped to just print remotely every so often, but they’ve got the WiFi locked down so you have to log devices in each day. It’s really obnoxious, even if you’re in the space to print.

We just bought a Roomba and a Braava jet. Love the Roomba, but jury is out in the Braava. We’re in a battle of wills over trying to get it to cross the thresholds between rooms. I’ve got it to a point where I can tell it there are thresholds, but it’s still not thrilled to cross them.

@jamesdhatch If you get one of the newer Roombas, it will map the house and you can set rooms, as well as “no clean” zones like an area with a lot of cords, or mini zones for focused clean, like around the trash can. You could just set the boundary of the MBR just short of the door. We have the S9+ and I love that it empties itself when it’s done! If you don’t have carpet, the S7+ also has object avoidance (including animal poop). We opted for the S9+ instead because it has more suction.

4 Likes

Are they raised thresholds or just a separation between rooms? We’re going with the same flooring through the entire house and no displacement thresholds between rooms - the flooring will just run straight into the rooms across the doorway opening (pocket doors).

Our old Roomba was more trouble than it was worth but that was in a house with a lot of obstacles to one. I figured that the tech had improved a lot since then and designed things in part to facilitate the robot.

1 Like

I have an HP Color Laserjet Pro M476dn I got as a return on Amazon. It is a beast. It has taken over six years to run through the initial low-yield cartridges. It does envelopes, labels, transparencies, I have done heat transfer masking for chemical etching PCBs with it, and it has yet to give me any issues at all except that it doesn’t like cheap labels much. It even prints from my phone. It’s pretty hard to argue with six years and no supply purchases.

2 Likes

Could you use address labels instead of printing directly on the envelope?

Technically, yes, but it’s ~100 at a time, and then there’s return address as well. It’s bad enough sticking on stamps.

1 Like

Happy birthday @eflyguy, don’t know why but you will always be elf- guy to me. That’s the way i first read your name and it stuck. Hope you have a nice warm day today

3 Likes

Thx, but the cake is the anniversary of when I joined the forum in 2016.

2 Likes

Woops, sorry. Have a great day anyway. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

These are physical thresholds. It thinks they are carpet. But they re also a bit high and may be triggering a drop-off warning, too. Not sure since I’ve now told it that they are actually thresholds… The Roomba handles them fine.

2 Likes

Cool. I shouldn’t have any issues since we’ll only have 1 stair (to the lower level) to tell it to avoid and no inside thresholds.

I saw that they have a model that’s guaranteed to avoid pet messes but then other models don’t mention that. I never would have considered that as an issue until I saw it noted and of course it makes sense that its something I should think about - we have 3 cats and a dog. Occasionally one of the cats is impolite and the dog eats things that then disrupt his digestion. Probably not a good thing for the Roomba to try to suck up and then empty into the base station bag.

I am woefully behind on robotic vacuum tech :laughing:

4 Likes

Just to close this out. I appreciate all the feedback. I really wanted to give the laser a try, but the one they had did not have a rear-feed for the envelopes I use. I know from many years experience that you can’t feed these (heavy weight, foil lined) from a paper tray.

I was also constrained to Costco, I don’t have funds to buy elsewhere but had a bunch of their rewards certificates stashed away.

So I got the ET-2760 I mentioned originally, set it up, and ran some prints. It’s not as fancy as the ones I had to take to the dump, but the print quality is great, it’s fast, and handles the envelopes as well as the previous ones. A couple of photos straight from my phone look fabulous, and print right off the edge of the paper.

I also got 4 prime ribeyes, some wine, and other random stuff, and got $84 cash back.

8 Likes

I’m not sure about the specifics of your Costco reward certificates but, I can take the ones I get in to a warehouse and, they will just cash them.

3 Likes

I have a Canon G2260, 4-color tanks that are easy to fill. It’s been over a year now, I use it maybe three times a year and no clogs. It does go to sleep fast, so I have to wake it up every time I print. The scan function is as good as any others.

and Happy Cake Day! :firecracker: :fire: :candle:

2 Likes

I just got a new i-series Roomba with the self-emptying feature after having a 562 for about ten years. I am so spoiled now. I don’t have to even think about the Roomba unless it gets stuck, which happens maybe once every couple of months instead of practically every day like the old one did. It’s really remarkable how well the old one worked and yet they still made huge improvements.

3 Likes

mmmm… steak… This will last me the year… 1lb each.

7 Likes

I only see eight regular size meals. Less if you don’t include a big baked potato.

6 Likes