Editing Functions

Unlike many other common Apps, I don’t see Cut, Copy, Paste, Align, Array or other functions in Glowforge App. I only see Mirroring ( Flip vertical or Horizontal). I intend to make multiple copies of a design to be printed on one sheet. I am also looking to see how I can take multiple different object ( for example a hexagon and a Circle) and exactly align their center point? I don’t think just eyeballing is the best option. I am sure expert users have figured it out so any suggestion or workaround will be greatly appreciated…

1 Like

There are rulers. If you want things to have the same center, just choose one and select the center “dot” in the array. Set the center where you want it. Then select the other object and set it to the same center point. Not as easy as “Align Horizontally” is, but, meh…works fine. As for copy and paste, select what you want copied and use CTRL+C and CTRL+V or CTRL+X . There are other keyboard shortcuts that someone will surely post a link for in a minute or two.

3 Likes

Here you go try this…

2 Likes

See…less than a minute. :wink:

2 Likes

We try to please… :+1: :+1:

Team work…

3 Likes

Thanks, very much…Guess it’s little tricky but it works fine! Thanks again.

2 Likes

For aligning centers, I always use the ruler. Once you have done it a couple of times, it is quick and accurate.

1 Like

You are incredible, community. Closing the thread since you answered so well.

2 Likes