Editing My Uploaded Design

Hi everyone. I have converted some files to SVG and uploaded them. They are my own drawings or actually my wife’s but anyway the problem is how do I edit it to make some of it cut out and some of it engraved or scored? It wants to make the whole thing cut out! Thanks!

1 Like

Colors. Assign different colors to each step. For engraving you need raster or filled images.

1 Like

Sorry not sure what you mean? Here is one of the files, I just want the eggs cut out not the designs on the eggs.

You cannot accomplish this in the interface. You will need to open the file in a your graphics program and make the inner lines a different color than the outside lines.

1 Like

If you assign the outside line a different color you can assign it to cut. If the other inside lines are also vector your only choice is going to be score. If you were to fill the inside areas with a color (different than the outside color) then you would get the option to engrave those areas.

1 Like

Example. This one will give you the options to do what you want:
help egg

OK how do I change the line colors? Can I do that in the interface or do I need to do it some other way?

You need to do it in a design software. What did you use to create them? I used Inkscape to make the example.

1 Like

Well originally it was hand drawn and made into a JPG file then I used Adobe Express to convert it to a SVG file cause it wasn’t able to be cut out only engraved as a JPG file.

Yeah jpg only allows engraving. I don’t know anything about adobe but there are people here who use it. Maybe someone can chime in and help out.
If you want I’ll do the other 2 for you like the example I sent. Let me know.

Ok thanks! If you don’t mind sure I’d appreciate it! Also can you do this one?

Here you go: Right click, save as
When you bring it into the gf the backgrounds will offer a separate function.

help egg

3 Likes

Thanks appreciate it! I may try inkscape out and see if I can figure it out!

It’s a bit of a learning curve but there is a youtube channel called Logos by Nick that has everything you ever wanted to know about it. For what we do on the GF we really only need to know the basics of the program. And the beauty of it is … it’s free.
Good luck.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.