Egyptian play pendant

My son came home with a little plastic ruby that he found on the playground. He wanted me to make something with it. I was picturing the Mummy movie and the beetles in it. Cane up with this. Proofgrade walnut plywood. I left the masking on the beetle. I thought it looked neat. I’m sure it will fall off eventually.

47 Likes

Looks great!

4 Likes

Very cool! :sunglasses:
Could have really used a bunch of those at the Egyptian Archaeological Dig party I threw one year.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s not quite the image I had for you. :thinking:

4 Likes

Chuckle! Need to see if I can find the afterparty pic…

9 Likes

Awesome design…love that movie! Maybe that’s why I became a librarian…

Or maybe you meant the new Mummy movie that I pretend doesn’t exist. No Brendan Fraser? Not interested. :smirk:

6 Likes

Most excellent use of random found jewel… just hope it doesn’t awaken a mummy with a curse LOL

4 Likes

Hmm…I was expecting Cleopatra and the dance of 7 veils :grin:

4 Likes

:wink: Something along the lines of this perhaps? (Us gals took our partying seriously back then.)

(That’s not me, that was one of the guests at the party. I had a pith helmet and tools.)

Sorry, Phil…will quit threadjacking now…you accidentally triggered a trip down memory lane. :smile:

5 Likes

Don’t we all.

@DesignsByPhil The masking peeling off can make it more weathered.
Looks great.

3 Likes

Wow … pretty cool accent for a found item!

2 Likes

This is so fabulous! What a great thing to be able to find a trinket and turn it into a treasure.

1 Like

Ummm… Thanos is looking for you… :open_mouth:

(Looks great ! btw)

3 Likes

I love these postings where people turn a found object into something fabulous. Great recycle!

2 Likes

I’d be very careful of uttering any words in an ancient Egyptian language. This looks powerful enough to cause some serious magic if not used carefully.

Side note: and discourse is seriously lacking in hieroglyphs and Egyptian emojis.

7 Likes