Egyptian Ring and bracelet set

I wanted to make an Egyptian ring and bangle. I’ve had this design on my mind for some time. I’m in the process of taking hieroglyphics classes and thought no time like the present. A gift for finishing my first class. Great to find inspiration for this project. I used 1/8 black acrylic and heated it with a heat gun. So fun!!

47 Likes

Ooooohhhh, I’ve got a heat gun!!! Is it hard to do?

Really like the look of what you’ve done.

5 Likes

It’s really easy. Just remember to evenly heat the entire thing. Don’t push an unheated part or you’ll snap it. Evenly heat the entire thing and then shape it around a ring mandrel. Moving your fingers quickly to keep the heat out of your fingers. The entire process is under 3 minutes. Practice on scraps.

5 Likes

One thing I learned making rings is that anything more than a third of the diameter, and ideally less, will go between the fingers and not be seen but definitely felt. if the head of the design takes off above the two adjacent fingers I will catch some but look and feel better to wear. Or more like the bracelet be made smaller in size. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It has to be or it will need more heating. very cool idea Btw

2 Likes

Right, I’m going to give that a go this afternoon

2 Likes

There are people who like thicker rings. If you don’t that’s okay too. Doing 54 shows a year for 25 years and 5000 rings later, I see all sorts.

8 Likes

It’s so much fun.

1 Like

They did not buy from me I guess :slightly_smiling_face: early on that was a big complaint. That was also an era when it was not that unusual for someone to wear a dozen gold rings at a time.

2 Likes

Thanks so much.

2 Likes

These turned out awesome! what a great idea! Is there enough flex in that bracelet to get it on/off easily?

1 Like

Nice job on the shaping. Black is striking.

1 Like

I took a class in Egyptian hieroglyphics in college from a serious scholar. It didn’t help me a bit when I visited Egypt, but it was fun.

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Fabulous! I love that you’re taking a hieroglyphics class. That is super geeky and wonderful!

1 Like