El Dorado!

I most love having the ability to create just random stuff on my Tom Servo GF. Saw this really neat scan of an old print online. Cleaned it up a little bit, did a little adjusting and it turned out pretty cool. I love the texture you get when engraving plywood.

87 Likes

Oh, that’s just gorgeous!

7 Likes

Wow, that looks fabulous!

3 Likes

That looks golden!

2 Likes

That is really cool! Thanks for sharing. How big is the overall piece?

2 Likes

Stunning. Really.

2 Likes

Amazing! I imagine something like that painted in a bronze color, maybe it would look like a metal plaque :grinning:

3 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Thats lovely!!

3 Likes

That is so cool!

3 Likes

Love it. This is just the kind of project that made me board this Train! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks Andy. It’s about 8".

2 Likes

Beautiful! (You find the coolest stuff.) :grinning:

1 Like

Wow! That’s a nice quick project you made. How long did that take to engrave?:blush::glowforge::thumbsup:

2 Likes

I think it was about 23 min to do.

1 Like

Ooh, that is really beautiful.

(Makes me think – I have a stash of old wine labels.)

3 Likes

looks awesome, what are you going to do with it?

1 Like

Wine labels would be very cool to try! They’d look good on cheese trays etc.

2 Likes

Let it sit around my house until I either find a good home for it or find a good use for it in another project LOL. I just like the process of making stuff so I have a lot of doodads spread around the house.

5 Likes

What a stunning piece! It really shows that the artistic eye in what you choose to create is 90% of the work. The actual printing is the other 90%. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Wait, what?? Using a Glowforge defies magic and logic?? You now have 180% :open_mouth: :smirk:

5 Likes