Electronics Design added to Fusion360

Just hopped into Fusion360 for the first time in about 10 days and see a nice surprise update!

13 Likes

Cool! That’s one thing that stuck out to me with Inventor, all the standard libraries. Fasteners, pipe fitting, electrical - everything. That was way back when nondestructive testing was new. The ability to place a load on and test a design in a specific material virtually - Neither tool nor material had been touched yet. That blew me away.
There I go showing my age, that was science fiction in my lifetime.

Considering AutoDesk’s historical pricing, the power of 360 for free was also science fiction.

1 Like

Inventor blew me away too. The ability to create a standard set of fabrication rules in a family, then use XML lists to actually drive final production drawings and bills of materials… I mean being able to instantly release hundreds of incorrect parts to production was mind-boggling! :crazy_face:

10 Likes

Best laugh of the day man. :+1:

1 Like

“With every gain there is loss”.

Or, as my old EE prof Dr. Beasley used to say, “You never get something for nothing.”

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! I’ve been spending the last few weeks learning Fusion 360 and this is a welcome next chapter.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.