Electronics geeks only - probe/test lead hanger

Nothing all that special but something I’ve needed for 40 years and never got around to!! Keep all those leads straight and at-the-ready…

Check the hanger holes for your nails/pins. Slots are scaled for Purebond Maple Ply which measured 3.54mm, it’s a tight fit with no glue. Adjust as needed. Obviously you need two @each of the side pieces and hangers. Anyone who needs this thing is probably smart enough to know how to put it together.

Original:
drawing

Modified (see last post):
drawing

39 Likes

Thx, I actually need to make one of these. :beers:

4 Likes

Somehow I’ve had a Glowforge for several years now and haven’t made one. I’ll have to take this concept and make it either for slat board or pegboard depending on where it is going to get mounted.

4 Likes

Nice! That could be used for all kinds of wire organizing. Thanks!

6 Likes

Very nice! I should do something like this also! Thanks for the design and the inspiration!

2 Likes

Nice piece of organization there. :+1:

2 Likes

@eflyguy thanks for the file. I’m personally glad to see you back posting as I consider your all your contributions interesting and knowledgeable. Regards.

6 Likes

I don’t have any test leads, but I could use this to hang all my danged phone/tablet/device charger cords. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

so handy, I have needed one o these for years. thanks

2 Likes

After a day hanging, I noticed it was sagging in the middle. I guess I have too many leads, but I modified the design to include a back plate for additional strength. File appended to original post. I haven’t printed this yet, but it uses the same tabs/slots so it should snap together just fine.

4 Likes

Not just for geeks! This could be handy for usb cables, audio cables, etc. I like it

1 Like

oh super useful, I need this! Thank you.

1 Like

Geeky shares are the best shares!

2 Likes

Oh yay, a nice practical cut! I know I need this for something.

Good to see you here “today”.