End of day 1: Smoke, vents and chests


#1

I received my Basic late on Thursday evening and immediately set it up and started burning things. As my basement became ever-more opaque it seemed clear that my venting setup was just a tad sub-optimal.

A quick trip this afternoon to Home Depot, an adjustable 4" elbow, a louvred vent, a big sheet of acrylic, two upgraded hose-clamps and some dremeling and a lot of Gorilla tape later I was ready to try again.

The founders ruler printed beautifully and a sketch of Cookie Monster traced and cut itself exactly on the lines (looks like I might have got a good one!).

Big thank you to Jules and her pirate chest design. It was a pain to glue together but looks amazing. I finished it off with a pirate skull engraving from the Noun Project and some hinges and a clasp from China.

This thing is super-easy to use and it’s absolutely fantastic to finally have it. Very much worth the wait!


#2

Oh squeeeee…that turned out so much better with the pirate skull on it!
(I need to run up another one, I sent my prototype to GF for the faire.)

Thanks for running one, it looks great! :grinning:


#3

Amazing! I’m sad that you didn’t post the Cookie monster one as he’s one of my top favorite characters from any genre. Congrats on getting your machine!


#4

Cool! The engrave makes it, but the hardware rocks too. Thanks for sharing your making joy!


#5

Awwwwww. Your tube looks so clean. Great job, looks like you are having fun!


#6

The hardware really makes this pop! Since my 3 year old grandson is into pirates … I should get some hardware on order! Nicely done!

Also … thank you again @Jules for the file! It is soooooooooooo awesome!


#7

Thanks for sharing! The engraving and clasp give the chest unique character. Also, I love that you’re using the Glowforge lid as a photo stage. Keep up the awesome work!


#8

Thanks Dan. The lid makes for a lovely photo stage. I assumed that’s why you put all those lights in it! :smiley:


#9

Fantastic!