Engrave brain fog

Maybe it’s brain fog but is it normal for an a large engrave do different sections of the whole engrave ?

As you see in the picture it should be whole

1 Like

Depends on how the image was created, but short answer is yes. It may look like it’s missing stuff but it will PROBABLY go back and get it. If it does not you likely have duplicate image data (like the home sweet home text stacked on top of each other). GF uses boolean XOR logic (horrible choice) and any overlapping graphics cancel each other out.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by different sections of the whole engrave. It looks like it is going as it should from what you showed on the screen. All the parts seems to be there

I’m probably not understanding what the problem is.

2 Likes

Raster image engraves “print” from front to rear, one line at a time, like a traditional printer. As stated, the machine is doing what it should.

Scores and cuts will follow the vector paths.

1 Like

Look at the overlapping image that @primal_healer posted. That shows how the print will go. It starts at the front of the machine and goes to the back, line by line. It doesn’t care about a “leaf” being a “leaf”. As far as it knows, the leaf is just made up of lines, from left to right, stacked on top of each other.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for the confusion!

As @primal_healer pointed out, Raster images engrave from front to rear, one line at a time. Based on the design you are printing, your Glowforge appears to be printing within specification. Did you happen to notice any gaps or missing engrave sections once the print completed?

Hi @primal_healer. It’s been awhile since we’ve seen activity, so I’ll go ahead and close this thread. Feel free to reach out if you run into any further trouble. We’ll be here and happy to help