Engrave onglass

I am trying to engrave a birth announcement. I am good with the majority of it, but the part with the weight and the length are engraved in an etched area and don’t show up as much. Is there a setting that will improve this or should I create an outline with the setting inside so it isn’t engraved into etched glass? ![image|666x500](upload://rd69WMBbAPG9eOmm4VmRdsEdLVa.jpeg) Hope this makes sense. I took the photo on top of a white towel.

Can’t see the photo (it won’t upload unless it is on a separate line by itself in the post) but in answer to your question, yes, you will want to make an empty shape to engrave the dates into. Glass only etches to a certain depth, then you wind up just breaking up the etching into smaller bits. (Can’t go deeper).

So if you want to see the text, it needs to be on an un-etched spot.

1 Like

Since this problem is being seen on materials that were purchased from another company, we can’t offer support for prints that don’t come out as expected. Materials may vary widely from piece to piece, even if they’re created by the same manufacturer. I’m going to move it to Beyond the Manual so other folks here can help. Should this happen with a print on Proofgrade materials, please open a new ticket in Problems and Support and we’ll help you right away!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.